Women Returners Back to Your Future Conference
Monday 12 October 2020*
* rescheduled from 20 May 2020 due to potential Covid-19 virus issues. Open for registration
“After attending this event, I have gone from hopeless to dynamic, with a clear mission of returning to work.” 2019 attendee
Are you a professional woman interested in returning to work after a long career break? Join Women Returners, the return to work specialists, for our fourth annual London Conference:
- Enjoy a motivational day packed with return-to-work panels and expert workshops, providing advice, support and inspiration
- Be motivated by our returner panel chaired by Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the Fortunately podcast
- Meet and talk informally with our conference Employer Sponsors and learn more from our Employer panel, chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times
The content of the conference will be relevant to you whether your background is in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR, medicine or any other professional area; whether your career break has been 2, 5 or 10+ years; and whether you are at the first stage of your return-to-work journey or actively applying for roles.
Our previous Conferences have all sold out in advance, so don’t delay booking your ticket!
Note for Employers: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne and Liz on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Brilliant, brilliant conference” 2018 attendee
Watch our 2019 Conference highlights video
See the full Conference Programme here
Book now to get our Early Bird price of £90 (standard price £100), and to secure your choice of break-out option, including one of our limited availability 1:1 coaching sessions.
What will you get from the Conference?
“Absolutely inspiring event, with the blend of positive and practical. Great job on putting together such a wonderfully useful day” 2019 attendee
“After 18 years at home I no longer feel so lost at sea. I’ve a lot of work to do but I feel buoyed up now on this journey.” 2019 attendee
See the full Conference Programme here
Expert Return to Work Support
- Find your Career Compass
- Become more focused in your ‘What Next?’ career choices
- Get a road map to clarify your aims, develop decision criteria and move to action
- Boost your Professional Confidence
- Get a renewed sense of ‘what is great about me?’
- Increase your self-belief with practical tips and techniques
- Improve your Self Marketing
- Sharpen up your CV and enhance your LinkedIn Profile (with Victoria McLean, CEO of City CV)
- Sharpen up your CV
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile to attract employers
Inspiration and advice from Returners, Employers and Speakers
- Learn from the experiences of our inspirational panel of women who have successfully returned to work in diverse fields, chaired by Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the award-winning podcast Fortunately
- Find out from our panel of leading employers the reasons why employers run returner programmes and what you can do as a candidate to stand out, chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times
- Learn about the different types of returner programme from Julianne Miles MBE, CEO and Co-Founder of Women Returners
- Gain insight from Victoria McLean, Chief Executive, City CV on how to create a compelling, impressive CV and LinkedIn profile, plus how to position your career break.
Opportunities to connect with leading Returner Employers
- Meet and talk informally with our returner employer sponsors, including Amazon Web Services, Bank of England, Bloomberg, Credit Suisse, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, O2 and St. James’s Place Academy
Personalised or small group support (subject to availability; one pre-booked choice only)
- 1:1 ‘Laser’ Coaching Session (15 minutes) with one of Women Returners’ expert coaching team
- Bridge your IT Gap (15 minutes) small-group workshop with Computer Fitness
- Interview Skills (25 minutes) small-group workshop with City CV
- LinkedIn headshot photo by our professional photographer
A ready-made return to work support group
- Connect with a room full of friendly like-minded women
“After 8 years at home this event felt like a very supportive network and has more than fulfilled my expectations.” 2019 attendee
Who is the Conference aimed at?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken a long career break (over a year) and who want to return to work using their professional skills and experience.
- Your career break could be for 18 months or 18 years, for childcare, eldercare, health, relocation or other reasons
- You may have not done any paid work for a number of years, or have been running your own business or doing lower-level work around other commitments.
- You could be any age
- Your background may be in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR or any other professional area
- You could be at the first exploratory stage of your return-to-work journey; you may have been trying to get back for a while and are feeling stuck; or you might be actively engaging in interviews
“After the Conference, my ‘To Do’ list got longer, but hope is restored and my motivation levels are high!” 2019 attendee
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne and Liz on email@example.com
Where & When?
Date: Monday 12 October 2020
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: 10 Union Street, London Bridge, London, SE1 1SZ – a central London venue a few minutes walk from London Bridge station
How do you book?
Book now to secure your place
Ticket price includes lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments.
Dress code is smart casual (remember you may be talking to possible employers)
If you have any questions, email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Women Returners has offered me a lifeline as I embark on my return to work. I feel energised and hopeful that a job is waiting for me” 2019 attendee