Women Returners Conference: Back to your Future
Monday 13 May 2019
1/5/19: The conference has now sold out
“A belief shifting event. I arrived feeling a lot of too – too old, too out of touch, too long a gap, too unwanted and left with all of those reversed, brimming with possibilities”
Are you a professional woman interested in returning to work after a long career break? Join Women Returners, the return to work specialists, for a motivational day packed with return-to-work speakers and workshops, providing advice, support and inspiration. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet informally with other like-minded women and with our Employer Sponsors:
The content of the Conference will be relevant to you whether your background is in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR, medicine or any other professional area: whether your career break has been 2, 5 or 10+ years; and whether you’re at the first stage of your return-to-work journey or actively applying for roles.
Please share with anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks to all of our Employer Sponsors and to our Supporter, the 30% Club.
Note for Employers: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne on email@example.com
“Brilliant, brilliant conference”
Watch our 2017 Conference highlights video
Book now to secure your place! We have sold out well in advance for previous events
What will you get from the Conference?
“The energy, inspiration and practical tips that I received from both speakers and peers at the conference has given me confidence, direction and a kick-start to get back to work!”
Listen to feedback from attendees of our 2017 Conference
See the Conference Programme of the Day
Expert Return to Work Support
- Find your Career Compass – Women Returners Workshop with Julianne Miles
- Become more focused in your ‘What Next?’ career choices
- Get a road map to clarify your aims, develop decision criteria and move to action
- Boost your Professional Confidence – Women Returners Workshop with Rachel Halsall
- Get a renewed sense of ‘what is great about me?’
- Increase your self-belief with practical tips and techniques
- Improve your Self-Marketing – Women Returners & City CV Workshop with Kate Mansfield and Victoria McLean
- Craft your career story
- Sharpen up your CV
Inspiration and advice from Returners and Speakers
- Learn from the experience of our panel of women who have successfully returned to work in diverse fields from tech to medicine
- Be informed and entertained by Jane Garvey, BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour Presenter, our keynote speaker and returner panel chair
- Understand how the landscape is changing for returners from Julianne Miles, Co-Founder and CEO of Women Returners
Opportunities to connect with leading Returner Employers
Learn more about our Employer Sponsors and their returner programmes here
- Meet and talk informally with our returner employer sponsors: BBC Design + Engineering, Bloomberg, Credit Suisse, EY, FDM Group, Fidelity International, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, St. James’s Place Academy and O2.
- Find out from our employer panel, chaired by Claire Cohen, The Telegraph Women’s Editor, why employers run returner programmes and what you can do as a candidate to stand out
Personalised or small group support (subject to availability; one pre-booked choice only)
- 1:1 ‘Laser’ Coaching Session (15-20 minutes) with one of the Women Returners coaching team (fully booked)
- Bridge your IT Gap workshop with Computer Fitness
- LinkedIn Key Essentials workshop with City CV (fully booked)
- LinkedIn headshot photo by our professional photographer
A ready-made return to work support group
- Connect with a room full of friendly like-minded women
“I left the conference feeling energised, hopeful and filled with a sense of purpose and direction. It helped me define a concrete plan of action for myself.”
Who is the Conference aimed at?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken a long career break (over a year) and who want to return to work using their professional skills and experience.
- Your career break could be for 18 months or 18 years, for childcare, eldercare, health, relocation or other reasons
- You may have not done any paid work for a number of years, or have been running your own business or doing lower-level work around other commitments.
- You could be any age
- Your background may be in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR or any other professional area
- You could be at the first exploratory stage of your return-to-work journey; you may have been trying to get back for a while and are feeling stuck; or you might be actively engaging in interviews
“I would thoroughly recommend the Women Returners Conference to anyone who has been out of work for a while and is unsure on how to get back into the working world.”
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne on firstname.lastname@example.org
Where & When?
Date: Monday 13 May 2019
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: Rooms on Regents Park, 27 Sussex Place, London, NW1 4RG (central London location, close to Baker Street underground, Euston and Marylebone)
How do you book?
Book now to secure your place
Ticket price includes lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments.
Dress code is smart casual (remember you may be talking to possible employers)
If you have any questions, email Sue at email@example.com
“It was a superb and much needed event, with an optimal balance and coverage of subjects. You provided an invaluable tool-kit to women like me”
Thanks to our conference supporter: