Back to your Future
Women Returners Conference, London, 14th November 2016
PHOTOS & VIDEO OF CONFERENCE TO FOLLOW SOON
Join us for a day of inspiration, advice and support, specifically designed for women professionals returning to work after a long career break. Alongside workshops and speaker sessions, you will have the opportunity to meet informally with returner employers and a like-minded peer group. The Conference is hosted by the ICAEW, sponsored by Credit Suisse, Skanska, PwC, O2, Fidelity International and The Cabinet Office, and supported by the 30% Club. The content will be relevant to you whether your background is finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail or any other professional area, and whether your career break is 2, 5 or 15+ years.
What will you get out of the day?
- Hear from our speakers
- Jane Garvey, Presenter of Woman’s Hour
- Brenda Trenowden, Global Chair of 30% Club
- Julianne Miles, Co-Founder & MD of Women Returners
- Be inspired by women telling their real-life return to work stories
- Women who returned to work via returnships in a variety of sectors, on the Credit Suisse, Skanska and O2 returner programmes
- Women who returned to work through other routes: via direct hire to corporate roles, using their professional skills on a self-employed basis and creating flexible portfolio careers
- Participate in two return-to-work workshops for advice and support
- Julianne Miles, Women Returners: Get focused: Develop your return-to-work career direction. It can be hard to decide which path to take after a long career break. Julianne will help you to create your own ‘career compass’ to target work that will work for you.
- Women Returners + Victoria McLean, MD of City CV: Improve your self-marketing: Craft your story & sharpen up your CV. Learn how to create an engaging professional introduction that integrates your career break and to build an up-to-date and credible CV
- Learn the value of returners to leading consulting employers from the ICAEW returnship employer panel chaired by Sharron Gunn, Executive Director, ICAEW, including:
- Gaenor Bagley, Head of Corporate Purpose, PwC
- Emma Codd, Managing Partner for Talent, Deloitte
- Maggie Stilwell, Managing Partner for Talent, EY
- Ingrid Waterfield, Director P3 Practice, KPMG
- Talk informally with representatives from our sponsor employers: Credit Suisse, Skanska, PwC, Fidelity International, O2 and The Cabinet Office.
- Benefit from networking time to:
- Meet a peer group of like-minded women
- Get help with a career issue in a one-to-one 20 minute ‘laser coaching’ session from one of our Women Returners coaching team (FULL – waitlist on request)
- Participate in a ‘Bridge your IT gap’ group session with Computer Fitness (FULL – waitlist on request)
- Receive a free headshot photo for your LinkedIn profile from the ICAEW photographer
“I urge women considering a return to work to take part in this event. Self-doubt and anxiety creep in for almost everyone who returns to work after a break. If you’re ready to resume your career, it may dawn on you how long it has been since you were in the workplace and a lot may have changed, not least your commitments in your home life. Meeting like-minded women, and the opportunity to develop the next steps of your career is an invaluable step towards addressing the gap on your CV and returning to work.” Sharron Gunn, ICAEW Executive Director
View Final Programme here
View Speakers and Coaches here
Who should attend?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken an extended career break (1 year, 5 years or 15+ years) and who now want to get back into the workforce using their professional skills and experience.
- You may have taken time out to look after children or elderly/sick relatives, for relocation, for a personal health issue or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches. If you are an employer who would like to discuss sponsorship options please contact Julianne at email@example.com.
When & where is the Conference?
Date: Monday 14th November 2016
Timing: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: ICAEW, Chartered Accountants’ Hall, One Moorgate Place, London EC2R 6EA
How do you reserve your place?
Tickets are £100.
To register click here. (SOLD OUT – use this link for waitlist only)
If you have any questions on the Conference please email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our Conference Sponsors
Meet with representatives from our sponsor companies
And thanks to our Conference Supporter