What will you get out of the day?
Get advice and ideas from our panels of returners telling their real-life return to work stories
- Hear from women who returned to work via returner programmes at Credit Suisse, O2 and FDM Group, moderated by the inspirational Jane Garvey from BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour
- Hear from 6 women who returned to work through various other routes: networking their way into roles, setting up their own businesses and creating their own 'returnship'
Participate in return-to-work workshops and support sessions
- Get focused: Develop your return-to-work career direction. Deciding which path to take can be one of the biggest challenges after a long career break. Julianne from Women Returners will support you to create your own ‘career compass’ to target work that will work for you
- Improve your self-marketing: Craft your story & sharpen up your CV. Kate from Women Returners and Victoria McLean, MD of City CV, will help you to create an engaging professional introduction that integrates your career break and to build an up-to-date and credible CV
- Stand up to Stand Out. Lynne Parker, CEO of Funny Women, will lead an entertaining and useful session on building your self-confidence through humour
Get the organisational perspective on returners
- Claire Cohen, Deputy Women's Editor of The Telegraph will moderate our employer panel of senior leaders at Bloomberg, Fidelity International, EY and the Government Equalities Office
- Keynote speaker Avril Martindale from the 30% Club will talk more about why employers are increasingly interested in returner talent
Meet informally with returner employers
Take this opportunity to talk informally with our 7 sponsors: Bloomberg, O2, EY, FDM Group, Credit Suisse, Fidelity and the Civil Service
Network with a peer group of like-minded women
Find your new return to work support group!
Gain additional support with your choice of 1 of 4 break-out options:
- Get help with a career issue in a one-to-one ‘laser coaching’ session from one of our Women Returners coaching team (FULL)*
- Participate in a ‘Bridge your IT Gap’ group session with Sylvie Garvey, MD of Computer Fitness*
- Participate in a ‘Top Tips for LinkedIn Profiles' group session with Victoria McLean, MD of City CV (FULL)*
- Receive a free headshot photo for your LinkedIn profile*
*Limited slots available 1-2pm & 4.30-5.30pm. Book early to secure your first choice option
Who should attend?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken an extended career break (1 year, 5 years or 15+ years) and who now want to get back into the workforce using their professional skills and experience. You may have taken time out to look after children or elderly/sick relatives, for relocation, for a personal health issue or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. You could be at any stage of the return-to-work journey.
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches.
See the Full Programme here
Where and when
Date: Monday 20 November 2017
Timing: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: Rooms on Regents Park, 27 Sussex Place, London, NW1 4RG
Booking your ticket
Tickets are £100. Book your ticket on Eventbrite by clicking here
With any questions please email Donna on email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in November!