What will you get out of the day?
Be inspired by our panels of returners telling their real-life return to work stories
- Women who returned to work via returnships and other returner programmes in a variety of sectors (moderated by Jane Garvey from BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour)
- Women who returned to work through routes other than returner programmes, including direct hire and self-employed options
Participate in return-to-work workshops and support sessions
- Get focused: Develop your return-to-work career direction (Women Returners). It can be hard to decide which path to take after a long career break. We will help you to create your own ‘career compass’ to target work that will work for you
- Improve your self-marketing: Craft your story & sharpen up your CV (Women Returners + Victoria McLean, MD of City CV). Learn how to create an engaging professional introduction that integrates your career break and to build an up-to-date and credible CV
- Stand up to Stand Out - building self-confidence through humour (Lynne Parker, CEO of Funny Women)
Get the organisational perspective on returners from our employer panel (moderated by Claire Cohen from The Telegraph)
Meet informally with returner employers including Bloomberg, O2 FDM Group, Credit Suisse, Fidelity and the public sector represented by the Government Equalities Office and Civil Service HR
Network with a peer group of like-minded women
Gain additional support with your choice of 1 of 4 break-out options:
- Get help with a career issue in a one-to-one ‘laser coaching’ session from one of our Women Returners coaching team*
- Participate in a ‘Bridge your IT Gap’ group session with Sylvie Garvey, MD of Computer Fitness*
- Participate in a ‘Top Tips for LinkedIn Profiles' group session with Victoria McLean, MD of City CV*
- Receive a free headshot photo for your LinkedIn profile*
*Limited slots available 1-2pm & 4.30-5.30pm. Book early to secure your first choice option
Who should attend?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken an extended career break (1 year, 5 years or 15+ years) and who now want to get back into the workforce using their professional skills and experience. You may have taken time out to look after children or elderly/sick relatives, for relocation, for a personal health issue or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches. If you are an employer who would like to discuss sponsorship options please contact Julianne at email@example.com.
See draft programme here
Where and when
Date: Monday 20 November 2017
Timing: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: Rooms on Regents Park, 27 Sussex Place, London, NW1 4RG
Booking your ticket
Tickets are £100, with an Early Bird rate of £85 available to 30 September 2017
Book your ticket on Eventbrite by clicking here
With any questions please email Donna on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in November!