Location: Office base Melrose, Scottish Borders. Time split between office and home working acceptable, to be agreed.
Programme: Supported hiring into permanent, part-time role
Start Date: April 2020
TRICAPITAL Ltd is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the management team, initially on a part-time basis.
This is a supported hire permanent position – successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Flexible working options are available.
About the role
This is a pivotal senior role for someone ideally with professional training and/or specific experience of working in a fund management, investment banking, legal, consulting, corporate finance or commercial lending environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead day-to-day management of the existing portfolio
- Participate in the negotiation and execution of new investments
- Liaise with co-investors, solicitors, existing and potential invested companies and other external customers and suppliers
- Co-ordinate and arrange board and member meetings
- Provide PA support to the directors
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Management team, Board, portfolio companies and angel investor members
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be proactive in identifying material issues and collaborate with stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years of professional industry experience
- A genuine interest and passion for business innovation and angel investment
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
Values and Behaviours
You must be able to demonstrate affinity with TRICAPITAL’s core values:
Integrity – Taking personal responsibility for acting in the best interests of TRICAPITAL and its members.
Excellence – Striving to excel in a demanding, fast-moving environment.
You must be able to operate in accordance with TRICAPITAL’s behaviours:
Commitment – You are committed to your work and make decisions quickly, effectively and thoughtfully.
Collaboration – You collaborate supportively with colleagues and proactively share relevant portfolio and sector news.
Client Focus – You are respectful of the trust placed in you to lead on managing the portfolio and liaising with the Board, portfolio companies and members. You go the extra mile to understand the Board’s needs and meet their expectations. You listen carefully, communicate clearly, and are quick to respond.
What TRICAPITAL is looking for
You will have a relevant professional qualiﬁcation or experience.
Candidates should have specific experience of working in a professional environment such as fund management, investment banking, legal, consulting, corporate finance or commercial lending.
If you have a professional outlook with great interpersonal skills, including the ability to present at all levels, then TRICAPITAL would like to hear from you.
TRICAPITAL Ltd is a company which administers and co-ordinates a portfolio of investments on behalf of the TRICAPITAL angel investment syndicate members.
TRICAPITAL is based in Melrose and has around 40 angel investor members who invest in innovative businesses in Scotland and the north of England. Its current portfolio of 22 companies includes sectors ranging from biotech, engineering and medicine to textiles. TRICAPITAL currently holds monthly board and member meetings in Melrose at which the Operations Manager is expected to present a report and contribute in person.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and CV to Andy Purves at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Andy.
The closing date for applications is 27 January 2020, but please apply as soon as possible.