Head of IS Services
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and they want you to be part of their ambition to breathe life back in to our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
You can join Tideway to help clean up London’s river together by applying for this role.
Tideway are currently recruiting for a Head of IS Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the IS services covering Managed Services, Application Support and Cybersecurity. This includes the overall effectiveness of the IS Service operations including and ensuring a focus on customer experience and achieving agreed levels of customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for defining and delivering IS services to agreed service levels, standards, strategies and within budget.
- Accountable for building and managing he appropriate capability Managed Service, Application Support and Cybersecurity.
- Facilitates production of a yearly Service Plan and associated budget.
- Responsible for the planning, management and development of an effective IS Service team and culture.
- Principle system owner of the IS Services operational systems (eg: Helpdesk, Ticketing).
- Accountable for managing the Tideway applications estate including bespoke SharePoint Online solution.
- Accountable for monitoring, managing and coordinating the end-to-end impact assessment, development, test and implementation of live changes across outsource suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to live service.
- Ensuring that impact of any new business solutions/technologies on the live environment is thoroughly evaluated and minimises service disruption.
- Ensures that deployment of new business solutions/technologies into the live environment by suppliers is managed and successful.
Supplier and Vendor Management
- Undertake regular service reviews with IS Service Owners and IS Supplier Management providing concise and accurate supplier performance reporting.
- Proactively analyses supplier service trends and recommends service improvements
- Responsible for ensuring effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures, process
- Significant and recent experience of managing both outsourced IT environments also internal IT support (ideally DevOps) teams.
- Significant IT vendor management experience.
- Experience of managing and continuously improving an IT Service function, processes and governance.
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure and Office365, Windows desktop technologies
Skills and competencies:
- Credible and authoritative communicator with the ability to successfully lead teams
- Professional knowledge of Service Delivery (supported by accreditation)
- Delivery or provision of service of, IT applications and infrastructure
- Good problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to determine the approximate impact of each issue quickly.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to positively work with stakeholders and drive debate to identify and address issues.
- Excellent people management and delegation skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise
What we offer
- 30 days leave
- Private medical insurance including medical health check
- Company bonus scheme
- Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Returnersrecruitment@tideway.london mentioning that you heard about the role through Women Returners. Closing date for applications: 20 June 2018.