Programme: Supported hire – 6 month fixed term contract
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and they want you to be part of their ambition to breathe life back in to their majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
You can join Tideway to help clean up London’s river together by applying for this role.
- Tideway are currently looking for a Graphic Designer. The role reports to the Creative and Brand Manager within the corporate communications team, and the role is focused on creating and designing primarily internal.
- The Graphic designer will also design external marketing communications in collaboration with the Creative Lead for Tideway.
- This is a fast-paced role and requires a creative quick-thinker, who is focused on brand consistency and establishing a recognisable corporate identity.
- The work will include print and digital work, across a range of subjects and for a variety of audiences.
- Design both internal and external facing documentation including company information papers, exhibitions and displays, newspaper/ magazine advertisements and leaflets.
- Produce print publications to a high reprographic standard.
- Produce designs and publications consistent with Tideway’s brand guidelines using flair and creativity.
- Present concept options to stakeholders and developing them into final print ready designs.
- Support the Creative Lead on external facing projects, including branding and marketing campaigns.
- Discuss ideas and present design concepts in the team’s creative reviews to help the creative team drive the consistent Tideway voice and brand.
- Proof-check both internal and public facing documentation, print publications and electronic publications as necessary.
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Significant experience of design and layout for print and electronic publications including leaflets, posters, reports, brochures and exhibition material.
- Familiarity with branding and corporate identity strategies, and experience of design and layout within these guidelines.
- Good knowledge of creative thinking techniques, typography, layout and pre-flight packaging/PDF creation.
- Strong creative design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Intermediate/Advanced in MS Office Suite (Primarily PowerPoint and Word).
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent proven experience
- Experience liaising between external suppliers and internal team
- Multi stakeholder engagement
What we offer
- 30 days leave
- Private medical insurance including medical health check
- Company bonus scheme
- Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Elaine.Lambert@Tideway.London mentioning that you heard about the role through Women Returners. Closing date for applications is 28 October 2018.
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and Tideway aspire to this diversity being reflected in their workforce. They know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. They also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That’s why diversity and inclusivity are key to their business strategy.
They are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signatory of the ‘Ban the Box’ campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
They pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. They offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.