Start date: Flexible
Programme: Two-year career change programme
Attend our co-hosted Career Returners Event in London on 20 January 2020 for more information on the programme.
Career Change Opportunity. Dare to change your future?
Returning to work after an extended break and changing careers possibly sounds daunting, but with the St. James’s Place Academy, you’ll benefit from the many years’ experience that they have in successfully supporting hundreds of people just like you, to make a smooth transition to a new career as a qualified financial planner and wealth manager.
If you’re looking for a career that puts you firmly in control of your future, why not consider retraining with them. This could be the career change for you.
St. James’s Place Wealth Management is an award-winning FTSE 100 company and the Academy was established in 2012 to provide high calibre individuals an exciting career change opportunity to retrain to become qualified financial planners and build a new career in financial planning and wealth management. Since 2012, the Academy has successfully transitioned over 500 people from previous careers to become financial planners, who either run their own wealth management business or join one of the many St. James’s Place Practices as an adviser.
What is a financial planner and wealth manager?
Financial planning and wealth management is the ongoing provision of useful and timely financial advice to individuals and business clients, helping them to determine their goals, make the right investment decisions and prepare for a financially stable future.
What they look for in candidates
No previous experience of giving financial advice is required and candidates join St James’s Place from a wide range of backgrounds and professions, typically with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. These are some of the fundamental traits that St James’s Place know make candidates successful:
- drive and resilience
- The initial comprehensive training begins with six months of classroom-based learning at one of the Academy’s centres in London, Manchester, Solihull and Edinburgh, and is followed by a period of expert, mentored training in the field.
- It’s a fully-funded and supported two-year development programme offering successful candidates security and flexibility, best suited to highly motivated individuals with an aptitude for building strong relationships from within their network and the ability to develop new ones.
- As candidates progress through the programme, they are encouraged to build their own client base and earn money as they train. They will be surrounded by technical, marketing and training expertise, which is supported by their established network of knowledgeable and experienced mentors.
- Further business development assistance will be constantly available through the Academy management team complimented by the many specialists who operate from their wide network of offices.
- Whether your career goal is to run your own wealth management business, become a financial adviser in an existing St. James’s Place Practice or support one of the St. James’s Place businesses as a qualified Paraplanner, they can help you.
What are the benefits of retraining with the Academy to become a diploma qualified financial planner with St. James’s Place?
- No previous experience in the financial industry is required.
- No personal capital outlay is required, and tailored financial support is available to help you make the transition.
- A structured two-year career change programme leading to an industry recognised professional qualification, the Chartered Insurance Institute’s (CII) Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.
- You choose your career path – the opportunity to build your own wealth management business as a self-employed St. James’s Place Partner or join one of their many established Practices as an Adviser.
- You build your second career with the backing of a FTSE 100 award-winning brand.
- You have an uncapped earning potential once qualified and established.
Train with a company that values your previous experiences, dedication and enthusiasm. As one of the UK’s leading wealth management businesses, St. James’s Place is an ideal organisation to learn the skills of the trade with and begin a new financial planning and wealth management career.
To find out more, please take a look at Lisa Everitt’s success story by clicking here and watch the St. James’s Place video by clicking here.
How to Apply and Contact
To find out more about the programme or to apply, visit www.sjp.co.uk/academy. Please select ‘Women Returners’ from the dropdown menu when completing the field ‘Where did you hear about the Academy?’
If you’d like to speak to someone for an informal chat, please contact Gee Foottit on 07768 553718 or you can email her firstname.lastname@example.org