Transport for London Returners Programme
Start date: September/October 2017
Transport for London doesn’t believe that a career gap should be a barrier to ongoing development and progression. They value the skills and experience you have developed during your career break and their Smart Sourcing programme will support you back into work at the right level. You’ll have the opportunity to refresh your technical skills and continuing professional development, while working on exciting projects that benefit people and communities across London.
What does the programme involve?
- A 12 week paid placement with the possibility of permanency at the end of the scheme
- A full induction with your peers
- A dedicated senior mentor
- A buddy and workplace shadowing
- Flexible working options
- Being assigned to real projects
- Touch points throughout the programme to see how you are getting on
- Coaching and preparation workshops are available on 11th, 14th, and 23rd August to help you refresh your CV and interview skills to support you to apply for the programme Email email@example.com to book
Who are they looking for?
You will have been on a career break of at least 2 years and will be able to work a minimum of 21 hours per week. They are looking for applications for the following roles:
- Principle Property Surveyor
- Property Development Manager
- Senior Finance Business Partner
- Senior Planning and Reporting Accountant
- Balance Sheet and Consolidation Manager
- Financial Reporting Manager
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Treasury Accounting Manager
Millions of people rely on our network. For business. For leisure. For living. Right now, we’re delivering one of the world’s largest programmes of transport capital investment. You’ll bring the insights, proactive attitude and financial expertise to make it all possible. Keeping London’s growing population on the move takes billions of pounds – and a wealth of expertise, like yours.
It’s not just about trains and buses: TfL’s Property Development teams are shaping the future of London. As well as being responsible for 30 million journeys a day, they’re also one of London’s largest land owners. TfL owns around 5,700 acres of land across London including depots, and land above and around Tube stations. They have several sites ready for development over the next decade and working with the development sector, their plans will help to build the homes and communities London needs.
TfL reinvests all their income to run and improve their customer services. Increasingly, they are funded by commercial income from sponsorship, advertising, and real estate. From finding imaginative uses for disused space in stations, to innovative advertising partnerships or building new homes for Londoners, their Commercial Development team play a key role in generating the income that keeps London moving, working, and growing.
Please click on the links below to learn more and apply for the roles individually.
Senior Property Surveyor
Property Development Manager
Senior Finance Business Partner
Senior Planning and Reporting Accountant
Balance Sheet and Consolidation Manager
Treasury Accounting Manager
Technical Accounting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
The deadline for applications is 21st August 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the programme or would like to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please highlight that you found the opportunity through Women Returners.