Transport for London – Senior Property Surveyor
Applications now closed
Apply by: 21 October 2017
Transport for London doesn’t believe that a career gap should be a barrier to ongoing development and progression. They value the skills and experience you have developed during your career break and their Smart Sourcing programme will support you back into work at the right level. You’ll have the opportunity to refresh your technical skills and continuing professional development, while working on exciting projects that benefit people and communities across London.
Who are they looking for?
You will be looking to get back into work after a career break and will be able to work a minimum of 21 hours per week.
- Educated to Degree level and experienced MRICS or FRICS professional
- Substantial experience general practice surveying
- Knowledge of the law and practice in relation to property management and ability to adapt this to both a complex transport environment and public sector constraints
- Technical property knowledge in relation to landlord and tenant legislation, negotiations, rental valuations
What does the programme involve?
- A 12 week paid placement with the possibility of permanency at the end of the scheme
- A full induction with your peers
- A dedicated senior mentor
- A buddy and workplace shadowing
- Flexible working options
- Being assigned to real projects
Millions of people rely on our network. For business. For leisure. For living. Right now, we’re delivering one of the world’s largest programmes of transport capital investment. You’ll bring the insights, proactive attitude and financial expertise to make it all possible. Keeping London’s growing population on the move takes billions of pounds – and a wealth of expertise, like yours.
It’s not just about trains and buses: TfL’s Property Development teams are shaping the future of London. As well as being responsible for 30 million journeys a day, they’re also one of London’s largest land owners. TfL owns around 5,700 acres of land across London including depots, and land above and around Tube stations. They have several sites ready for development over the next decade and working with the development sector, their plans will help to build the homes and communities London needs.
TfL reinvests all their income to run and improve their customer services. Increasingly, they are funded by commercial income from sponsorship, advertising, and real estate. From finding imaginative uses for disused space in stations, to innovative advertising partnerships or building new homes for Londoners, their Commercial Development team play a key role in generating the income that keeps London moving, working, and growing.
Please click on the link below to learn more and apply: Senior Property Surveyor
The deadline for applications is 21st October (extended)
If you have any questions regarding the programme or would like to find out more please contact email@example.com
Please highlight that you found the opportunity through Women Returners.