TechSwitch Re-training Programme
Programme: 12-weeks training programme followed by an 18-month placement in industry
Start Date: May 2020 (with further cohorts throughout the year)
TechSwitch’s mission is to provide people from all walks of life with the opportunity to become expert Software Developers. Their training bootcamp will help you expand your horizons, learn new skills and feel supported entering a new industry even if you’ve never written a line of code!
Thanks to the TechSwitch programme, you can retrain as a software engineer on their 12-week bootcamp. Once you complete the course, they’ll help find you an 18-month industry placement.
On a mission to diversify tech
They are passionate about closing the diversity gap within the tech sector and want to make sure that anyone who wants to become a software developer has the opportunity, regardless of their background. This is why they provide a course which requires no previous experience with software development and then get you your first step on the career ladder as a software developer, all the while supported by TechSwitch.
- Training hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday, giving you time to do, if need be, the school run and conduct independent studying when it works for you
- Top of the range laptops, monitors etc are provided for training
- One-to-one mentoring and support throughout the training and the 18-month placement
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided
- Really lovely trainers who have gone through the training themselves and used it in their careers as software developers
Who it’s for
TechSwitch is for people from any background who want to make the move into the tech sector.
For example, you might be…
- On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
- Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
- Or both!
Techswitch understand that returning to work and career-switching can be daunting, which is why they are there to support you all the way with a dedicated mentor throughout your training and placement.
What you get from TechSwitch
- A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. They also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
- A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, they provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
- Help building your new career profile as a software developer. Their Senior Sales Manager will personally guide you through creating a new technical CV and bio and on top of that they provide interview training to give you all the confidence you need as you take this first step into your new career.
- Your paid placement gives you financial security and priceless industry experience.
- They have a strong focus on diversity and recruit people based on their potential rather than solely experience.
- You’ll be taught by a team of people who work at the cutting edge of the tech sector, day-in, day-out. They’ve built software to stream Glastonbury’s headliners. They’ve helped shape key UK government cloud computing roadmaps. They worked with DeepMind and Moorfields Eye Hospital to use artificial intelligence to diagnose sight-threatening eye diseases.
You’ll learn first-hand what it takes to build software that can change lives and improve the world we live in.
And you’ll be in good company. TechSwitch have almost 20 years’ experience in training people to become outstanding software engineers who have gone on to work for organisations such as Google DeepMind, Anthony Nolan, Square Enix and END. Menswear
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter here for the May cohort.
Closing date for applications is 10 April 2020.
With any questions on the programme, please email email@example.com or you can contact the Course Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org