Head of Client Communications and Client Reporting
Opportunity: Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. Apply by 19 January 2018.
About the role
The main purpose of this fixed term contract is to manage the Stewart Investors Client Communications and Client Reporting department in the Edinburgh Head Office:
- Client Communications Team (Team Size 8, Direct Reports 6): To continue with the delivery of the Client Communications Strategy and Plan within the context of the overall business strategy and objectives.
- Client Reporting Team (Team Size 5, Direct Reports 1): To continue with the oversight and delivery of the Client Reporting deliverables for the Global client base.
The role holder is a full member of the Risk and Operations Committee (ROC).
Ideally the successful candidate will start at the end of March 2018, for a period of handover, until May 2019.
Guide salary £70,000 with a discretionary bonus to be paid in September.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- CIM Qualification
- Leading and supervising
- Delivering results and meeting expectations
- Delivery focused
- Planning and organising
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Working with people
- Effectively manage and develop the Client Communications and Reporting Team ensuring they are motivated, trained and focused.
- Ensure that workflow within both Teams is efficiently organised and that the teams operate effectively when cover is required.
- Work collaboratively primarily with the Investment and Global Client Teams to ensure their strategy and plan is delivered effectively.
- Maintenance and development of the Stewart Investors, ScotGems and Pacific Assets Trust Brands
- Oversight and delivery of the Projects and Change Portfolio within both Teams.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Risk and Legal Teams (primarily in Australia, US and UK) to ensure all client material is approved in conjunction with local regulations.
- Ensure the Pacific Assets Trust and ScotGems Investment Trust Communications and Reporting Plan (online and offline) is delivered appropriately.
- Oversight of the production of presentations for Wholesale and Institutional Global Client Teams and Investment Teams; the maintenance, update and checking of consultant databases; the delivery of RFPs, Information Requests and Due Diligence questionnaires.
- Oversight of the production and distribution of all marketing material (documents, webcasts, emails etc) to existing and potential clients globally.
- Oversight of the Digital Plan for SI, Pacific Assets Trust and ScotGems and the Intranet.
- Ensure that knowledge within the teams is kept up to date and that industry, regulatory and internal changes are appropriately communicated.
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration and cross-training within and across both Teams.
- Develop good working relationships and manage all external suppliers.
- Build and maintain relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Data, Performance, IT, Change Team etc).
- Ensure the distribution of monthly and quarterly MI is shared with key stakeholders in the business.
- Oversight of the Client Reporting deliverables, working closely with the respective client teams, to constantly improve and deliver for the clients.
- Management of the Client Reporting, Client Communications and Sponsorship budget.
- Ensure there are appropriate reporting mechanisms in place to monitor and communicate performance.
About Stewart Investors
Stewart Investors, formally First State Stewart, is the largest equities investment business of First State Investments based in the UK. The team consists of around 27 investment professionals based in Edinburgh, London, Singapore and Sydney. Stewart Investors is responsible for various institutional Global, Emerging Market, Asia Pacific and Sustainability equity mandates. The team manages assets of £22.6 billion (as at 30 September 2017). Clients include corporate and public pension schemes, government authorities, financial intermediaries and charitable foundations. Stewart Investors is a long-term investor with an absolute-return mindset. They manage long-term investment portfolios on behalf of their clients. Their investment philosophy is founded on the principle of stewardship – careful, considered and responsible management of their clients’ funds. For more information see www.stewartinvestors.com.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please state in your covering letter that you are returning from a career break and found out about the opportunity from Women Returners. The selection process will involve two interviews.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19 January 2018.