Applications have now closed
Location: London, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire and Cambridge
Start date: End April 2019
Programme: 12 week returnship
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is partnering with Women Returners to welcome professional men and women who have taken a career break of two years or more to join their fourth Skanska Return-to-Work Programme. The majority of roles will be based in London and Hertfordshire. The paid programme will begin in April 2019.
- Be placed in projects or departments where your skills and experience will be highly valued and utilised.
Who you are:
- A professional who has taken a career break of two years or more (as at April 2019). You may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments, or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You have a keen interest in returning to the workplace using your professional skills and experience.
What Skanksa Offers
- Like an internship, a 12 week programme with the aim of joining on a permanent basis thereafter.
- Tailored support and coaching workshops from Women Returners to help with your transition back to work.
- Consideration of any flexible needs to cater for different circumstances, recognising that this is sometimes a barrier for those wanting to get back to work.
Skanska has opportunities in the following areas:
- Quantity Surveying / Commercial (London and Hertfordshire)
- Engineering (Cambridge and Oxford)
- Planning (London and Hertfordshire)
- Estimating (London and Hertfordshire)
- IT Project Management (Hertfordshire)
- Project Manager – Facilities Management (London)
For more information and to apply visit the following link: Skanska Return to Work Programme
Apply as soon as possible. The application deadline is 28 February 2019, with interviews commencing in March 2019. If you have any queries, please contact the Skanska recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skanska is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Known for major projects like The Gherkin and Crossrail, they are creating, upgrading and maintaining the country’s buildings and infrastructure. Drawing on their Scandinavian heritage, they are green, innovative and progressive. They bring together people and technology, helping to make their industry safer and more collaborative.
A career with Skanksa means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which they work. They thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – they know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping them to build successful and winning teams. They call it Naturally Skanska.
Read about the experience of Kate who joined Skanska via the 2016 Return to Work Programme:
Kate, Senior Engineer
Help Skanska build for a better society: skanska.co.uk/careers