Returners to Financial Services Scotland Programme
Are you looking for a route back to work in Scotland?
Applications Now Closed
Women Returners is partnering with leading Scottish financial services employers, with the support of the Scottish Government Returners Fund, to launch an innovative cross-company returner programme. This programme is targeted at experienced professional women looking to return to work after an extended career break who are interested in working in the financial services sector. Participating companies are: BlackRock, BNP Paribas Securities Services, CYBG, Hymans Robertson, Incremental Group, Independent Women, Mazars UK, Mearns & Company, M&G Prudential, PGDS (Prudential), RBS Group, Standard Life Aberdeen and TSB.
The Programme is now closed for applications.
How will you benefit from the Programme?
The Programme offers a professionally-paid placement of 3 months, from mid April to July 2018. Positions are for professional level roles with a range of roles and areas available, located in Edinburgh, Glasgow and surrounding areas including Stirling. The Programme will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to apply for permanent roles at the end of the programme.
You will receive internal mentoring, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network of like-minded women.
Flexible working options may be available during and after the Programme depending on the role.
Who are they looking for?
The Programme is targeted at women with a relevant professional background who have taken a career break of 18 months or more. There are a number of opportunities available within a variety of business areas including compliance, project management, accounting, investment operations, IT, HR, financial planning, tax, asset servicing, financial consulting and pensions administration.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send your CV & a cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links below.
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview.
- Stage 3: Attend a cross-company Programme assessment day in Edinburgh or Glasgow in late February 2018. If you have applied to more than 1 company we will attempt to schedule your interviews on the same day, but this is not guaranteed.
How do you apply?
Apply directly to the participating company/companies you are interested in using the links below. The closing date for applications is 4 February 2018.
BNP Paribas Securities Services (Glasgow)
CYBG (Edinburgh & Glasgow)
Hymans Robertson (Glasgow)
Incremental Group (Glasgow)
Independent Women (Edinburgh)
Mazars UK (Edinburgh and Glasgow)
Mearns & Company (Edinburgh)
Prudential PGDS (Stirling)
M&G Prudential (Stirling)
Standard Life Aberdeen (Edinburgh)
- The programme is now closed for applications.
- Telephone interviews may take place start/mid February.
- Interviews will take place on 21/22 February (Edinburgh), 27 February (Glasgow) and 28 February (Stirling)
- The Programme will start 16 April (Edinburgh) and 17 April (Glasgow).
- The Programme will end on 13 July (Edinburgh and Glasgow).
See FAQs for more information. If you have other questions on the programme itself please contact Hazel on firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries on specific company placements, please contact the individual company via the email on their advert.