Programme: 20 week returnship, full-time
Start date: September 2018
There are many reasons people take a career break — ranging from raising children to caring for a loved one — and everything in between. Restart@BBH enables candidates who’ve been out of the workforce for two or more years to return to a corporate environment, gain valuable experience and refresh their skills. The programme partners with Women Returners Ireland, who provide dedicated coaching to support participants with a smooth transition back to work.
The Restart@BBH Programme offers talented professionals who have been on a career break for two or more years, a paid placement for 20 weeks, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the programme.
The programme will provide:
- Opportunities across BBH’s Investor Services Business in their Depository Bank, Client Service and Transfer Agency Teams
- Networking with peers going through a similar transition
- Valuable experience to refresh your skills
- Coaching from Women Returners
- Mentoring and networking opportunities across Brown Brothers Harriman
Who they are looking for:
BBH is interested in candidates who are client driven, thrive in respectful and open cultures and value collaboration. Specific background criteria includes:
- Interested in restarting your career in financial services
- A career break (two years or more)
- A bachelor or masters degree in a related field.
- Five years professional experience in financial services (preferable but not mandatory)
Key competencies which will make you successful at BBH are:
- Effective Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to Collaborate
- Organisational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem
- Ability to take initiative and to assume responsibility
How to apply:
To express your interest in taking part in the Restart Programme, please click here to submit your CV and a cover note briefly outlining your area of interest and your motivation why you should be part of Restart@BBH.
Closing date for applications is 6 July 2018.
After initial pre-screening, shortlisted candidates will be invited to BBH for a morning where they will get an overview of the business, an outline of the interview process along with an opportunity to network with BBH leaders in early July. Interviews will be held week beginning 16th July.
What You Can Expect At BBH:
For 200 years, Brown Brothers Harriman has provided expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. Located throughout 18 offices across the globe, they are committed to helping their clients navigate the increasingly complex global market by being their most valued, trusted and differentiated partner.
The loyalty they earn from their clients comes from two things: the quality of their people and the culture of their firm. That’s why they invest so much time and energy in attracting and developing the very best talent globally. They hire bright, entrepreneurial individuals, educate them on their client’s business, provide them the resources to succeed, and then give them the freedom to excel. This results in a diverse team of individuals who inspire each other to share their unique perspective while working together to discover the next great idea. Their deep respect for a healthy work-life balance drives their comprehensive total rewards package that helps their employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
What They Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefit that emphasise good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
Testimonials from Past US ReStart@BBH Participants:
“A welcome change from the majority of my job-hunting experiences. Many potential employers were unwilling to look past the gap on my resume, or were looking for experience that was an exact match for the open role. BBH was ready to “see the bigger picture.”
“My experience here has been terrific. It’s difficult once you’ve been out of the workforce for a while. The majority of employers would rather hire people who have more recent experience on their resumes. Through the Restart program, I was slotted in where there was a business need. My background actually wasn’t an exact match for my new role — on paper, at least — but the BBH hiring team really looked at my skills and found a role that was a great fit both for me and for the Firm.”