Comeback Programme 2018
Commercial & Private Banking
Applications have now closed.
Start date: September 2018
Programme: 12 week returnship
RBS has launched its 2018 Comeback Programme aimed at professionals who have taken the last two years or more out of their career after leaving a managerial level role. The programme offers six 12-week paid returnships in Private Banking and Commercial Banking. You’ll benefit from coaching from Women Returners and an array of networking opportunities, while bringing your experience right up to date. The placements begin in September 2018, and will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, possibly leading to the offer of a permanent role. The closing date for applications is 3 July 2018.
What you’ll do
While you’re on the Comeback Programme RBS will support you with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching sessions and seminars. You’ll have a dedicated mentor, and the opportunity to join networking events led by their employee-led networks, gaining exposure to senior leaders and broadening your internal connections.
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role, leading and managing one or more initiatives which support the Commercial Bank. Possible initiatives could include working with the:
- Management team to streamline processes, and develop the implementation of change and transformation programmes
- Business Management team
- Customer facing Coverage team
- Business Development team, supporting origination priorities
- Structured Finance Risk and Operations team
- Structured Finance modelling and financial analysis team
- Front Office Delivery team, to develop tools which better communicate and track upcoming customer and front office impacts
- Senior project boards, to consult on and influence the design requirements of front office teams
Private Banking (Coutts)
Coutts will work with your skills and experience to find the place for you in the Private Banking business. You’ll have the opportunity to learn much more about Coutts and its business and culture, and to be an active part of projects and initiatives.
The skills you’ll need
To be eligible for the 2018 Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2018. RBS is looking for people with high levels of motivation, who are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running, with the adaptability to work flexibly in a changing environment.
Prior to your break you’ll have gained experience working in financial services or a relevant field as a functional expert, manager, or team leader at Vice President level or higher. In terms of your skills and experience, evidence of any of the below would be an advantage.
- A proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly senior management
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Knowledge of loan and debt capital markets, in bilateral, club and syndicated structures
- Knowledge of working capital products and Transaction Banking
- Credit and risk analysis experience
- Analytical and technical skills, with the ability to understand and meet complex client needs
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communications, engagement and impact management behaviours
- The ability to coach and manage your team to track the results of allocated projects
Prior to your break you’ll have been in an Associate Director level role or above in the private banking or wealth management industry. You’ll have gained experience in a relevant specialism, such as:
- Relationship management
- Portfolio management
- Investment research
- Fund research
- Business management
- Wealth investment management
How they will reward you
RBS offers a competitive salary plus 25 – 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, they provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities. Visit their reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages on offer: Coutts Benefits; RBS Benefits.
They want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, they will do everything they can to support you. As part of this commitment, they offer flexible working options for some of their roles – find out more here.
How to apply
For more details on the roles available and to apply follow these links:
Apply as soon as possible, latest by 3 July 2018.
With any questions please email Elisha at Elisha.Clarke@rbs.co.uk
As a Financial Services organisation RBS complies with and supports the requirements set by their Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect their customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.