RBS Comeback Programme
Click here for RBS 2019 Comeback Programme.
Royal Bank of Scotland is looking for you to join their 2018 Comeback Programme, in partnership with Women Returners as part of the cross company Returners to Financial Services Scotland Programme funded by the Scottish Government. RBS is offering paid work placements in the Services Technology business, giving you the chance to bring your experience right up to date as well as experience useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities. The placements are in Edinburgh, based at their prestigious Gogarburn campus.
The opportunities are based within Technology and Change – an incredibly varied and busy area of their business – and are designed to provide a work environment that enables you to balance a successful career with family life. By placing you at the forefront of the technology business, this 3 month paid returnship in April 2018 will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, and may lead to the opportunity to apply for a permanent role.
RBS is looking for you to get some hands-on experience, in a business responsible for transforming their ways of working across the Bank. You’ll lead or manage one or more initiatives which support the technology programmes for the entire bank. Their goal is to enable RBS to continuously learn and adapt so that they can delight their customers through delivering a customer experience that exceeds their expectations. The RBS change practice is beginning a journey to a more agile way of working.
How will you benefit from the programme?
- Provide effective business and performance management, including producing executive summaries and undertaking research accordingly
- Fulfil the role of a project / programme manager or similar, and will deliver the end state journey related to cost, control, regulations and organisational excellence
- Work with and influence senior stakeholders
- Use your experience of common strategies including implementation, to contribute to and shape the organisational agenda
As part of the Comeback Programme you’ll be supported with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching and seminars. You’ll have a dedicated mentor during the programme, and will have the opportunity to join networking events led by their employee-led networks to gain exposure to senior leaders and broaden your internal connections. You will also receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network.
Who are they looking for?
- Experience working in financial services or equivalent, as a functional expert or as a manager at a senior level
- Strong Project Management experience within a technology or IT environment
- Appropriate Project Management experience or qualification such as Prince 2 or Agile, ideally
RBS would like you to bring:
- Proven change management experience
- Experience of delivering strategic projects that support the business strategy and its growth agenda
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly in senior management
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, and ability to understand and interpret complex problems
- The ability to prioritise your workload, and show a willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Experience of executing and managing key administrative processes
Furthermore, you’ll be keen to embark on a new challenge and ready to hit the ground running.
RBS wants everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, they’ll do everything they can to support you. As part of this commitment, they offer flexible working options for some of their roles – find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation they comply with and support the requirements set by the Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect their customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with RBS. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
For specific queries to the RBS roles please contact Hayley.Pledger@rbs.co.uk
For other questions on the programme itself please contact email@example.com