Career Returners Programme
This programme is now closed for applications
Location: London, Southampton, Various UK Based
Start date: April/ May 2019 (dependent on role)
Programme: Supported Hiring (with Permanent and Fixed Term Roles) and Returnship
Are you ready to continue your career?
Whether you’ve been exploring the world, spending time with family, or have taken an extended break for any other reason, the Quilter Career Returners Programme could be right for you.
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118 billion of investments and over 900,000 customers worldwide. Quilter plc (formerly Old Mutual Wealth) is partnering with Women Returners to find and support talented professionals who have taken a career break. All they ask is that, prior to your break, you gained experience in a professional environment and can demonstrate experience in a similar position to the role for which you’d like to apply.
What are they offering?
Quilter is offering various opportunities across its business, giving the possibility of matching business needs with your preferences:
- supported hiring into permanent roles
- supported hiring into fixed term roles
- returnship positions: fixed term with a strong likelihood of a permanent role at the end
Quilter will support you to refresh your knowledge and get up to speed in no time. There may be opportunities for part time or other flexible working models dependent on role. The Career Returners Programme will help you to successfully transition back into work through:
- Tailored coaching sessions from Women Returners during your first few months in the role
- Technical skills training (specific to your role)
- Soft skills training
- Updates on business and regulatory changes in the financial services industry
- Networking opportunities to help develop new relationships and broaden professional networks
Who are they looking for?
Quilter is looking for talented professionals who have taken a career break and want to work for a company that values a diverse and flexible workforce. The Quilter Career Returners Programme supports the company’s drive to support senior female talent, but they are very clear: applications are open to both women and men who meet the criteria.
They want to hear from people who are:
- highly motivated with a successful track record in a relevant field
- able to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- great communicators and work collaboratively to achieve a common goal
What are the opportunities?
The Quilter Group has a variety of roles available in the following areas:
- Change management – with some hugely impactful projects going on across their business, Quilter needs the right people to help us be successful through the change
- Risk and compliance – as a regulated business, your knowledge could help Quilter to shape its compliance agenda
- Investment Management – your specialist knowledge and insight will help to produce strong results against changing market conditions for Quilter’s clients
- Finance – having listed the business as Quilter in 2018, they have huge ambition for the future. Ensuring that growth is viable and financially sustainable is key to Quilter’s success
- Talent & Culture – Quilter is investing in the development of its people and leadership practices as it seeks to evolve an inclusive and diverse business culture. They have opportunities for talented individuals to come and help them to shape their agenda
Quilter is looking for individuals with a strong background and track record of success in their area of expertise. Applicants will be working for a growing business operating in multiple markets and running several large change projects all of which present opportunities; short, medium and long term.
The Quilter Group’s focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe. They operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams at Quilter. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development. Quilter is a signatory of the HM Treasury’s Women in Finance Charter, pledging to increase gender diversity. For more information see their website here
How to apply
To apply please click on the relevant link and complete the online application form:
Please make sure to clearly show your career break on your CV.
Please apply as soon as possible as Quilter would like to commence reviewing CVs and inviting candidates for interview as soon as possible. The closing date is 30 March 2019.
Please note that the intended recruitment process for successful candidates will include an initial telephone conversation followed by a requirement for an interview at either their London or Southampton Office.
Should you have any queries about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Returners’ in the header.