Prudential Career Returners
Head of Internal Audit
This is a supported hire permanent position based in Paddington (London), Reading or Stirling. Successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. The application deadline is Sunday 26 November 2017.
Prudential understands that your working pattern may need to be tailored to suit you – please let them know if you’d like to discuss a flexible working arrangement.
Working with Prudential means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. Prudential are absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Theirs is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and they lead the market in a number of pension products.
By taking on the role of Head of Audit, you’ll be a key partner in helping to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation, leading a team of Auditors to assess and report on the effectiveness of the organisation’s systems.
Strong business acumen as well as being commercially astute with a pragmatic approach to risk management, you’ll have the gravitas to make a lasting impact on the business.
You’ll be able to cut through the vast range of information and data presented, identifying the key points quickly, enabling you to discuss audit findings with the business constructively. You’ll take a strategic approach to analysing how the business uses information and data to become better at what they do, thus maintaining a “best in class” Audit function.
In addition, you’ll be skilled at building robust and lasting relationships with senior management and executive teams, using strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide the business.
With a relevant professional qualification (Actuarial, Accounting, Audit), you’ll have a strong background in Insurance and ideally Risk, with experience of working in a large corporate environment.
To be successful in this role you’ll also have:
- Significant experience and knowledge of Internal Audit, or Risk Management in Financial Services
- Excellent technical skills including superb knowledge of risk management frameworks and control processes, end to end processes, governance, data protection, resilience and operations
- Experience of engaging, inspiring and leading teams.
- Experience of communicating, managing and developing relationships with Executive Committee level stakeholders.
- A track record of managing audit processes that are robust, sized appropriately and insightful
- Detailed knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Strong business writing capability, able to structure reports effectively, remaining cognitive of the needs of differing audiences
Prudential is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and they lead the market in a number of pension and investment products. Prudential works hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and they actively encourage diversity across the business.
People who work at Prudential agree that it is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential employee you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.