Audit Manager – Change / Project Risk
This is a supported hire permanent position based in Paddington (London), Reading or Stirling. Successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. The application deadline is Sunday 22 October 2017.
At Prudential, the Group-wide Internal Audit function assists management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business through the assessment and reporting of the overall effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes; and identifying opportunities for improvement in those processes and controls.
The Internal Audit function at Prudential is currently embedding a hub and spoke model for auditing change and project risk by creating a core SME team at the Group Head Office with further subject matter experts in the business unit teams. Given the extent of transformation within the UK Savings & Retirement Solutions business there is a need to recruit specialist skills to the audit team to ensure they remain commercial and risk focused in how they assess major change.
The main purpose of the role is to provide subject matter expertise during audits and assess the adequacy of controls within the UK Savings & Retirement Solutions material change programmes. You will also drive an overall improvement in the team’s knowledge by providing coaching on how to assess the effective management of a programme.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to:
- Interact with senior management from across Prudential UK;
- Gain an overall understanding of the Prudential UK business;
- Work in a fast-paced environment, focusing on the business’s key strategic priorities;
- Lead staff in the delivery of audit assignments and/ or provide one-on-one coaching to team members on what effective project governance looks like.
Your role will include:
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to determine the appropriate time to audit material change programmes and agreeing a suitable scope/ focus for the audit;
- Interviewing the various stakeholders within the programme to identify the controls in place and assessing how effectively they are designed and operating;
- Writing and reviewing audit working papers to ensure they provide a clear account of the testing performed and conclusions reached;
- Discuss emerging issues with management and communicating their impact, then drafting formal audit findings where relevant;
- Liaising with the Head Office change audit team to understand developing best practices and support the roll-out of any training to the wider team on auditing change/ projects.
- Assisting with the ongoing assessment of business risks to determine if any new change audits should be added to the annual plan.
Prudential understands that your working pattern may need to be tailored to suit you – please let them know if you’d like to discuss a flexible working arrangement.
- Extensive experience in a change management role;
- Ideally some experience in a senior risk and control role;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues and the wider business;
- Good judgement i.e. know when to escalate issues to senior management.
Prudential is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and they lead the market in a number of pension and investment products. Prudential works hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and they actively encourage diversity across the business.
People who work at Prudential agree that it is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential employee you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.