Engagement Manager, Pricing, London
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Pearson Ham is a young, niche management consultancy specialising in pricing. As a key pillar of business strategy, pricing can be the quickest way to create or destroy value and getting price strategy right is essential to the performance of any business.
Pearson Ham’s specialist pricing expertise provides them with a depth of knowledge that sets them apart from industry peers. They utilise a wide range of different techniques; from pricing research to advanced analytical methods, qualitative interviews, and market intelligence to provide support to clients across a wide range of industry sectors.
Who they are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engagement Manager to join their award-winning, growing and diverse team, which has gone from 5 members of staff in April 2014 to 14 today. If you thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, this is a chance to gain skills in a growing consulting field, and be part of developing commercial strategies that will have real impacts on businesses all around the world.
- Lead the problem-solving process and day-to-day management of the engagement team, including scoping and defining issues, developing hypotheses, overseeing the team’s analysis to validate hypotheses, designing analytical tools, formulating deliverables for clients
- Act as a trusted internal and external pricing expert, covering areas such as price strategy, product-price proposition design, competitor analysis, pricing architecture, and tactical elements of pricing such as price communication, discounting and promotions and organisational pricing capability
- Guide engagement team to create sophisticated, compelling communications that motivate clients to action and present at senior level
- Manage uncertainty: Guide the team through dynamic, fast-changing and information-sparse situations
- Contribute to the development of innovative approaches, including differentiated points of view and methodologies
- Participate in growing Pearson Ham Consulting by supporting recruitment, training and cultural development activities
- Take responsibility for management of one or more major company development areas (e.g. Recruitment, IT, Culture, etc.)
- Mentor and coach junior staff within the project context to help them grow and perform at a level that will challenge them professionally
- Line management of up to 4 Analyst and Senior Consultant reports; manage their development plans and growth opportunities
What you can expect to benefit from
- Account management: With the assistance of company leaders, manage client relationships to identify and progress sales opportunities
- Proposals: Support the Pearson Ham Consulting leadership team members in driving proposal development
- Network: Develop a professional network and maintain relationships with clients
You will benefit from on-going personal and professional development, through internal training sessions and from a culture which actively encourages the sharing of knowledge and skills within the team.
In addition, Pearson Ham is hugely committed to ensuring that their culture – built on the values of excellence, quality and fun – works for everyone, both clients and employees.
Working hours and flexibility
One of Tim Ham’s aims when founding Pearson Ham was to allow him the flexibility in employment to be involved with his young children’s lives as they grow. As a result, Pearson Ham has an extremely strong commitment to work-life balance and considers the needs of each employee on an individual basis.
Pricing is an unusual business discipline, and therefore Pearson Ham don’t have any preconceived notions about a preferred candidate background – whether you’ve previously spent time in consulting, in finance, or even within a strongly analytical insight, marketing or sales management role, the most important characteristic for them is a strong interest in pricing and in using pricing to deliver real benefits to their clients.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Laura Mace at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.