Part-time Business Development Director, London
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Pearson Ham is a young, niche management consultancy specialising in pricing. As a key pillar of business strategy; pricing can be the quickest way to create or destroy value and getting price strategy right is essential to the performance of any business.
Pearson’s Ham specialist pricing expertise provides them with a depth of knowledge that sets them apart from industry peers. They utilise a wide range of different techniques; from pricing research to advanced analytical methods, qualitative interviews, and market intelligence to provide support to clients across a wide range of industry sectors.
The business is at a critical development point where they are looking to better communicate the work they have done, their methodologies and to develop clearer customer propositions.
Who they are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a part-time Business Development Director to join their award-winning, growing and diverse team, which has grown from 3 in March 2014 to 15 today. If you are a former Director or Partner level Management Consultant, keen to use your skills and experience to add significant value but in a company who also value and respect commitments outside of the working environment, then this could be a very good fit for you. The role is critical for the development of Pearson Ham and the pursuit of its business strategy.
- Creation of exemplary discussion documents and proposals for sharing with clients that demonstrate Pearson Ham’s capabilities and experiences and hence facilitate successful sales meetings.
- Development of a library or materials addressing Pearson Ham’s methods and case studies that present Pearson Ham’s capabilities and experiences that present Pearson Ham in the best possible light and increase the efficiency of the proposal development process.
- Attend a range of meetings in the sales process to better understand client needs and represent Pearson Ham’s offering to prospective clients.
- The communication of compelling and differentiated pricing propositions that represent Pearson Ham’s unique methodologies in sales and marketing materials.
- Development of those pricing propositions through codifying existing practices, research and commissioning additional development activities.
- Contribute to the development of innovative approaches, including differentiated points of views and methodologies.
- Participate in growing Pearson Ham by supporting recruitment, training and cultural development activities.
- Experience of delivering and selling management consulting services at a senior level for a management consultancy
- Excellent strategic, commercial, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills, with a particular focus on effective storytelling and logical presentation
- A passion for creating high quality, compelling, visually engaging and highly professional presentations and communications
- Great verbal communications, able to create a strong presence, and to communicate with impact
Working hours and flexibility
This role will be a part time role of 20 hours per week with some flexibility across weeks to reflect the respective needs of the individual and the company.
One of Tim Ham’s aims when founding Pearson Ham was to allow him the flexibility in employment to be involved with his young children’s lives as they grow. As a result, Pearson Ham has a strong commitment to work-life balance.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Corinne Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.
The closing date for applications is 15th January.