Career Returners 2018
Applications for returnship opportunities have closed
Location: Slough, London, Leeds, Preston Brook
Start date: October 2018 (returnship); various (supported hiring)
Programme: 14 week returnship + supported hiring roles
Looking for more than just a job? A place with more perks, support and possibilities? Then get ready to enjoy more of what you need, want and love. You’ll find things personally rewarding and you’ll be generously rewarded.
O2 has launched their third O2 Career Returners Programme for professionals who are ready to re-start their careers after an extended career break of 2 or more years. The paid 14 week programme starts in October 2018 and the closing date for applications is 12 July 2018. Most roles will be based in their Slough head office but they also have a few opportunities in London and in their Leeds and Preston Brook offices. Alongside this 14 week returnship, they’re offering a selection of supported hiring opportunities for permanent roles.
See Clare’s story and Liz’s story to read about the experiences of two previous Career Returners participants.
What are they offering?
On the programme you’ll receive mentoring, coaching support from Women Returners, training and an opportunity to network. Their internal resources will help refresh your knowledge and will get you up to speed with their systems. This support will help you get back in the swing of things so at the end of the programme you’ll be perfectly placed to apply for permanent or interim roles with O2. They’re open to applications from people who are looking for full time roles or 4 days a week, and as an organisation are flexible in their working patterns.
What are they looking for?
- You’re highly motivated with a successful track record in a relevant field
- You love to network and build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- You’re a great communicator and work collaboratively to achieve a common goal
- You’ve been on a career break for 2 or more years. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
What can you do for O2?
In Operations they’re looking for:
- Networks – Delivering the most spectrally efficient network in the world and delivering O2’s Network Strategy including additional capacity in cities and 5G.
- Service Management – Monitoring performance of O2’s systems and networks across the business, resolving problems quickly when they happen.
- Business Operations – protecting O2’s business, customers and people.
- Customer Service – Delivering outstanding Customer Service across voice and web chat, working in partnership with the outsource and in house teams and driving increased customer satisfaction.
- Transformation – Delivery of O2’s business transformation programme. Focussed on digital transformation and IT enablement.
- Smart Metering – The Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP) is a UK Government programme to offer every UK home and small business a smart energy meter by 2020. Over 30 million meters will be installed. The programme is a major national infrastructure initiative, and the biggest ever government-run IT project.
In Sales they’re looking for:
- Direct Sales- Managing relationships with new and existing customer accounts
- Sales Management- Developing O2’s sales teams
- Desk Based Account Managers – based in Preston Brook
- Product and Propositions– Driving their exciting products and enterprise propositions
- Contract Management – overseeing and governing their large customer contracts
- Data and Analytics – analysing their sales performance and shaping the way they work with their customers
- Stores and Retail – looking after their customers, through store or online (e.g store leader/regional leader)
At giffgaff they’re looking for:
Technology and Operations – Their Software Development Engineers (React and Java), Application Security Engineers, Scrum masters and Data Engineers are embedded into one of their cross-functional agile product teams. In these roles you’ll work on a wide variety of creative technical solutions that combined create their unique member experience.
Commerce – UX Architects / Designers are a core part of their agile product team. You’ll help them to design and translate problem statements into compelling and meaningful experiences for their members.
Giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It’s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but is run by its members. They want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market.
Supported Hiring Opportunities
O2 also has opportunities across their business to come directly into sales, operations and head office permanent roles, with coaching support from Women Returners. If you’re looking to return directly into any of the following areas, they would like to hear from you:
Please click the link below to apply for the 14 week returners programme or/and the supported hiring roles. Please mention that you heard of the opportunity through Women Returners and don’t forget to CLEARLY show your career break on your CV.
Apply for the 14 week programme by 12 July 2018. Assessment days will run in early-mid July in Slough at O2’s Bath Road offices. Applications for the supported hiring role will operate on a rolling basis – apply asap.
With any queries please email: ResourceTUK@o2.com