Comeback Programme, London, 2018
Applications have now closed.
If you have been taking time out of your career having previously left a senior role, NatWest Markets 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in the NatWest Markets business, giving you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities while bringing your experience right up to date.
The opportunities are based in the NatWest Markets Front Office and support functions (Technology and Finance) and are designed to provide an agile work environment that enables you to balance a successful career with family life.
By placing you at the forefront of the NatWest Markets business, this 12 week paid returnship starting in April 2018 will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, and may lead to the offer of a permanent role.
The closing date for applications will be the 2nd March 2018.
What you’ll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role, leading and managing one or more initiatives which support the NatWest Markets Transformation or Operating Model programmes. Depending on your skills there are a number of opportunities that you could fulfill.
Possible initiatives could include working with:
- Technology to design/build new systems that support the Front Office
- Transformation team to streamline processes and drive cost efficiencies
- Front Office Risk Framework and Mandatory Remediation teams
- Front Office Sales, Syndicate, Debt Capital Management or Trading roles
- Future-State Business Model
- Finance to support the business delivery of global financial requirements.
As part of the Comeback Programme you’ll be supported with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching and seminars. You will have a dedicated mentor during the programme, and will have the opportunity to join networking events led by NatWest’s employee-led networks to gain exposure to senior leaders and broaden your internal connections.
The skills you’ll need
To be eligible for the 2018 NatWest Markets Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by April 2018. Prior to your career break you’ll have gained:
- Experience working in financial services or in a relevant field, as a functional expert or as a manager or team leader at Vice President level or higher
- Experiences and skills that are a match for roles that NatWest Markets is recruiting for
They’re looking for people who have high levels of motivation, and are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running. In terms of your skills and experience, they’ll also be looking for you to bring:
- Strong analytical and technical skills, and the ability to understand complex topics
- A proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly in senior management
- A willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, and you’ll be prepared to ask the right questions
How you’ll be rewarded
In return, NatWest Markets offers a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, they provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit their reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages on offer.
RBS wants everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, they’ll do everything they can to support you. As part of this commitment, they offer flexible working options for some of their roles – find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation, RBS comply with and support the requirements set by the Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with RBS. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
How to apply
For further information and to apply for the Natwest Markets Comeback Programme click on the relevant link:
NatWest Markets Comeback Programme – Front Office
NatWest Markets Comeback Programme – Technology
Closing date for applications: 2nd March 2018.
If you have any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org