Location: Warwick or Bristol
Start date: circa October 2017
Programme length: 6 months returnship
Applications have now closed
The National Grid Returners Programme is targeted at experienced professionals who would like to rebuild their careers following a career break of 2 or more years. Working with the Capital Delivery business area, the focus of the programme will be within Lead Project Manager roles. Following on from the initial duration, there is a strong possibility of an ongoing role with National Grid, on either a permanent or on an interim basis.
During the programme you will receive support from your line manager and a mentor, together with coaching from Women Returners.
Who are they looking for?
National Grid is looking for people who have the following skill set for Lead Project Manager roles:
- Support the leadership team to manage and deliver a programme of projects safely, to time, cost and specification
- Lead and embed positive safety culture and process safety within the team to improve collective safety performance
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate Contractors, Interfaces, project teams and change to ensure efficient delivery
- Take accountability for providing accurate and timely financial forecasts to ensure robust tracking & reporting against the long term capital plan
- Audit and articulate regular project monthly status reports which will include: SHE performance, milestone progress, risk management and current and forecast financial performance
- Undertake the role of Project Manager for allocated complex strategic schemes
- Undertake the role of Project Manager as defined within the relevant AAA, EPC and FIDIC contracts and delegate these responsibilities as necessary
- Represent National Grid at external stakeholder events and hearings
National Grid encourage everyone to respect others and value their diversity. To take ownership for driving performance. And to always be open and act with integrity in all relationships. Living these values makes sure they work as one team, one National Grid.
National Grid are open to discussing flexible working arrangements should this be required.
About National Grid
In the UK, National Grid doesn’t generate or sell power. They join the dots. Their high-voltage electricity and high-pressure gas transmission systems connect homes and businesses to the energy they use. National Grid’s job is to make sure demand is matched by supply. And thanks to impressive expertise and genuine dedication, by joining them, you’ll make sure they deliver every time. To find out more about National Grid see here.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Kenny Howard at Kenny.Howard@nationalgrid.com mentioning that you found the opportunity through Women Returners.
With any queries, contact Kenny Howard at Kenny.Howard@nationalgrid.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 September 2017