Programme: Supported hiring into FTC (1 year)
Start Date: ASAP
MV Credit is looking for a Lawyer to join their team in London on a part time basis (3 days a week). This is a supported hire position – successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
About MV Credit
MV Credit is an independently managed pan-European private credit specialist founded in 2000 with offices in Luxembourg and London. The firm is differentiated by its experienced and independent team, with 19 years of investment experience across all credit cycles and an investment philosophy built on two core principles: rigorous credit analysis and active portfolio management.
Over the years, MV Credit funds have delivered a consistent top quartile track record. They invest across the capital structure, providing tailored fund solutions to investors. Investments are sourced through strong long-term relationships with top-tier sponsors. Their investment approach follows a buy-and-maintain strategy, constructing diversified portfolios of European credits that typically have a market-leading position in stable sectors.
MV Credit targets non-cyclical, defensive industries and regions where the team has a deep understanding, such as subscription-based software services and the healthcare sector in DACH and the Nordics. With each successive fund, they have achieved a top quartile track-record, tested over multiple market cycles.
To provide legal advice to the team and support the corporate finance functions in carrying out all legal and contractual aspects of their fund structuring and investment activities, while ensuring harmonization of practices across the different business activities, evaluating and assessing multiple inputs/impacts of decisions/course of action and identifying proactive solutions to mitigate legal and reputational risk globally across the business.
- Drafting, negotiating and/or advising on the legal and contractual documentation with regard to the creation of any new investment product
- Negotiating of all agreements in respect of the Business (fund documentation, investment management agreements, delegation agreements, advisory agreements, financing agreements etc.) while insuring consistency with existing investment products
- Advising on marketing of the funds launched by the teams in any jurisdiction where the investment products may be distributed to investors; in particular, reviewing marketing material and press releases
- Advising the origination team with regards to transaction documents (typically loan agreements) which are generally prepared by external counsel and insuring (a) consistency throughout our investments and (b) compliance with investment committee approvals
- Reviewing and advising non disclosure agreements signed between the firm and its clients once again insuring consistency throughout these documents
- Follow-up and advising on the legal developments which may impact the firm with regard to the activity of the Business
- Managing and monitoring of external lawyers/outside legal counsel as well as Natixis legal department;
Who are they looking for?
If you are an English qualified lawyer with experience in the practice of an international law firm ideally within a fund team, they would love to hear from you. MV Credit is looking for a tenacious, team player with a collaborative approach and the ability to deal with a diverse and multi-cultural group of people.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Sabrina Achaab-Yaansah, HR Manager at email@example.com.
If you have any queries regarding this role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 November, 2019