Member of MezzVest’s Portfolio Monitoring Unit (“PMU”)
Applications now closed
MezzVest welcome finance professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply for this permanent role in the small independent portfolio monitoring team. Successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
MezzVest is a friendly medium-sized company with a cohesive and collaborative team culture. The role may offer flexible working hours if required, to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
MezzVest, established in 2000, is an advisor to leading pan-European specialised private debt funds dedicated to providing traditional leveraged buyout (“LBO”) financing for companies with strong managements and stable cash flows targeted for acquisition or refinancing by reputable private equity sponsors. MezzVest funds have invested over EUR 3.5 billion in over 200 debt financing transactions.
MezzVest’s investment philosophy is built on two core principles, namely rigorous credit analysis and active portfolio management. These principles, combined with a culture of valuing long-term business relationships, have been the foundations of the firm’s success since inception. For more information see: MezzVest
Responsibilities of the Role
- Collation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial data from each portfolio company
- Write quarterly performance reports on each portfolio company as part of a quarterly portfolio performance report for distribution to LPs / Investors following approval by the relevant MezzVest Board(s).
- Write ad-hoc interim performance reviews on specific portfolio companies as required for close monitoring or requested by the CIO and MezzVest deal team
- Rate each Portfolio Company using the PMU’s internal rating methodology on at least a quarterly basis
- Assist in the development and implementation of the new Portfolio Monitoring system for new MezzVest senior debt funds
- Develop skills in Excel to record financial data from the portfolio companies to serve as a data base supporting financial analysis and reporting
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of PMU data and reports
- Contribute to MezzVest’s regular valuation/impairment process as part of the PMU’s membership of the Impairment Committee. This involves inter alia understanding and challenging valuations provided by the investment team.
- Contribute as part of PMU’s membership of Mezzvest’s Divestment Committee by providing adequate data/analysis to help with the retain/divest decision
- Respond to requests from Board members, Investors and other MezzVest teams for portfolio company performance data
- Occasional preparation of presentations on performance for internal meetings and for the Investor conference
- Attend Lender Meetings when required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Accounting, Credit or Corporate Finance experience, ideally gained in investment or credit analyst role
- Good knowledge of accounting
- Good knowledge of Excel / Powerpoint / Word
- Experience in analysing data / analytical mind-set
- Confidence to challenge information, and raise with key stakeholders where necessary
The role will be based at MezzVest’s London office (100 Pall Mall, SW1Y 5NQ).
The candidate will be integrated into the Portfolio Monitoring Unit which reports directly to the Boards of MezzVest Funds.
Application is by CV and Cover Letter. To apply, or for any questions, contact: email@example.com
Applications now closed