Events and Sponsorship Manager
Location: Dartford, Kent
Working model: Initially for a 3-month contract working 3 days per week; possibility of extension
Mazda UK welcomes events professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply for a temporary role within its Marketing Department. Successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You will be in a strong position to apply for permanent roles at the end of the contract.
Responsible for providing strategic development and delivery of major national consumer and corporate events, sponsorship activity, brand experiential campaigns to generate positive exposure and experience of the Mazda brand and its products.
Below are some of the tasks that you would be involved in:
- Implement plans/programmes for assigned vehicles and markets
- Act as brand guardian and ensure effective communication of brand messages throughout all activity and, where relevant, ensure activity ties-in to national campaign messages;
- Coordinate all internal departments to ensure delivery of their core responsibilities vital to the event;
- Coordinate event/sponsorship planning meetings and present updates to inform and steer groups;
- Create public facing launch events where required to deliver vehicle and brand exposure;
- Define and plan launch events in-line with new product positioning and messages;
- Develop overall event, sponsorship and experiential concepts in-line with overall Marketing and business objective;
- Develop the Mazda UK Events and Sponsorship strategy in conjunction with Marketing Communications Manager;
- Identify the most appropriate public facing events, sponsorship and brand partnership opportunities for Mazda;
- Manage all event logistics (vehicle supply and transport, stand-staff recruitment and training, accommodation, uniforms etc);
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of commercial sponsorship properties from negotiation of rights packages to campaign planning and delivery;
- Project manage and coordinate all aspects of Mazda’s events from planning to production and delivery (including Fleet Events, experiential/driving events, vehicle launch events, Annual Dealer Conference, Dealer Talkbacks, Motorshows etc)
- Work in conjunction with National Communications to manage the integration of social content (where appropriate) to enhance event activity and provide support/ideas/management for social activity that requires event management.
- Closely manage and monitor Dealer Events Agency from planning through to delivery and demonstrate return on investment
- Negotiate and implement aspects of UK motor shows stand creation such as layout, design, vehicles and concept models;
- Work closely with MMUK Senior Management to plan and deliver Mazda Annual Dealer Conferences to provide a platform for communication to the Dealer Network;
- Work with the Mazda PR Director and department to develop PR strategy in line with the overall events/ sponsorship strategy and objectives, ensuring plans are complimentary to PR plans
Education, knowledge & experience
Educational level: Ideally educated to degree level – Degree in business/ marketing: Chartered Marketer or CIM Professional postgraduate diploma in Marketing an advantage
Experience (area & duration): 4+ years marketing experience ideally in Events
Technical Skills / Specific Knowledge:
- Excellent event and project planning skills essential – either from client or agency side;
- Experience of major event management;
- A results orientated approach and the ability to work within a fast paced environment;
- Business focused – comprehensive awareness of current/ future business issues in order to ensure that pro-active marketing solutions can be implemented;
- Ability to communicate and present effectively across a range of levels;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and proven influencing skills.
PC/Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Office – all packages especially Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
Automotive experience a key advantage
About Mazda UK
Mazda UK is a subsidiary of Mazda Corporation, based in Hiroshima Japan, and with European regional headquarters near Cologne. The UK operation employs 121 staff, the majority based in their new head office in Dartford, Kent. Mazda has been importing cars into the UK market since 1969, has 130 independent dealerships and sells up to 50,000 cars per year. The brand has a history of making beautiful cars with advanced technology and a strong ethic of customer satisfaction and daring to do things a little differently, challenging convention to make things better – whether that is the cars they make, the customer experiences they deliver or the relationship they have with their suppliers.
For a small company, Mazda UK enjoys punching above its weight. They are proud that their products defy convention and strive to ensure that they create a fun and open place to work where everyone understands how they can contribute to the ongoing success of the company. If you like a challenge, you’ll like working at Mazda! Being nimble and entrepreneurial whilst being creative and thinking outside the box means they are able to challenge traditional conventions to be successful. However, having fun is just as important for them. Celebrating successes, coming to work with a smile on your face and having an open and transparent culture is what they strive for. For further company details see www.mazda.co.uk
Please send your CV and covering letter addressed to Kim Skidmore, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 September 2017.