Client Service Manager, London
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Majedie Asset Management (MAM), established in 2002, is an independent investment boutique that actively manages equities for institutional investors, wealth managers and endowments across a range of UK and Global strategies.
Who they are looking for
MAM’s business depends on delivering excellence for clients. The role of the Client Service Team is to nurture existing client relationships and cultivate new business opportunities. It is the responsibility of the Client Service Team to understand their clients’ needs and to be both proactive and highly responsive in their interactions with them.
The Client Service Team takes the lead in all client communications and works closely with all other departments within Majedie Asset Management, particularly the Investment Team. The Client Service Team comprises six Client Directors, a Client Communications Manager, five Client Service Managers, and a Client Service Assistant.
- Primary role is to support the institutional Client Directors in servicing a wide range of institutional clients – typically pension funds, charities, and wealth managers;
- Role is office based;
- Role will involve responding to ad hoc client queries (written and verbal) and fielding client requests for data.
- Successful candidate will work with a range of internal colleagues (e.g. investors, compliance, legal, operations, finance);
- Central to the role will be contributing to verbal and written portfolio and performance reports for clients;
- Role also expected to require input into marketing and business development activities.
- Graduate level qualification;
- Excellent communication skills – particularly written;
- Strong track record of working effectively within a team and to tight deadlines;
- Experience in the active equity asset management sector (preferably 3-5 years +);
- Ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Proactive, diligent, a strong eye for detail.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Sarah.Maynard@majedie.com. Please reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.
Closing date for applications: 18 November 2018