Legal & General Career Returners: Change Accountant
Programme: Permanent supported hire role
Salary: £27,900 to £44,100
Legal & General Career Returners is a supported hiring initiative designed to help career returners joining in permanent roles to transition successfully back into the workplace. The initiative includes:
- Tailored coaching sessions with Women Returners during your first few months in the role
- Technical skills training (specific to your role and tailored to your individual needs)
- A mentor plus support from a buddy (who will be on hand to provide day-to-day advice around how to get things done)
- Opportunities to help you develop new relationships, and broaden your professional network.
- The opportunity for agile working – this means a more flexible working arrangement where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs
L&G is seeking finance professionals for a Change Accountant role. This role is within the Group Finance function. Group functions support the business across the UK and abroad, delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on Legal & General’s business and their customer’s lives. Group Functions enable employees at L&G to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
The role is responsible for supporting the delivery of Finance business projects. Working with the senior Change Accountant you will be involved in the management, design, delivery and implementation of change projects that affect the accounting systems and processes.
Collaborating with different business divisions within L&G and internal customers you will help to ensure that all systems and process changes are effectively designed and delivered through to production in an efficient, cost-effective and timely manner, whilst maintaining technical accounting integrity and alignment with commercial objectives. This includes working with other change accountants and business analysts, to ensure requirements are captured and delivered effectively.
The skills and qualities you’ll need
Applications are invited from candidates with a previous track record of professional achievement and experience gained within Finance and who have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more.
- You will ideally be a part or fully qualified Accountant or equivalent, with relevant financial experience.
- You will be proficient in relevant business standards and change processes for example, project lifecycle, risk framework.
- You will know your way around the processes and systems architecture used by finance teams and how this fits with business processes and systems architecture.
The benefits on offer
Your ability, performance and attitude will be rewarded with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days’) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and L&G’s own great products.
Legal & General take pride in being there for their customers. Helping them deal with whatever life has in store and supporting them to achieve financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work for them. At Legal & General ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines them as a business and runs through everything they do for customers and employees.
Working at Legal & General you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
The Career Returners initiative supports L&G’s inclusion business principle and will help them to achieve their objective of increasing the diversity of their talent, particularly at senior levels.
For more information & to apply
To apply please click on this link and complete the online application form. Please note that you do not need to fill in current and expected salary information. Please say that you found out about the role from Women Returners.
The closing date for applications is 8 March 2018.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com