Business Generation Support & Sector Expertise Lead
(previous specific sector experience not required)
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
L.E.K. Consulting is a global strategy consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. They are uncompromising in their approach to helping their clients to consistently make better strategic decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder value.
The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. They specialise in addressing key strategic and operational issues and in providing Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) support.
They are experts across a wide range of sectors, including life sciences and healthcare, retail and consumer, financial services, industrials, energy and transportation. Founded in London in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,000 professionals across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
L.E.K.’s Industrials Practice is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy across the Europe region. Already one of their largest practice areas, Industrials has a client base that features some of the biggest and most innovative names in the sector, strong partner participation from all Europe offices, and a robust marketing programme that promotes their brand and insights to sector stakeholders.
To achieve their growth objectives, they will develop and launch new service lines to their clients, increase collaboration and coordination within the region and with Industrials teams around the world, and attract and promote the best talent.
Reporting to the Head of Industrials in Europe, and interfacing directly with other Industrials sector partners, this role (European Industrials Sector Specialist) is central to these goals. The role is the principal point of expertise about their Industrials practice in Europe, its experience and services, and how they relate to client organisations. The sector specialist will provide critical input to marketing and demand generation activity, client proposals, client relationship management and overall sector strategy and management.
The ideal candidate will be driven and proactive, highly organised and a natural communicator, with a background in the consulting industry and a strong desire to take an active role in the development of the practice capabilities and new business opportunities.
- Sector growth initiatives
- Identify strategic trends in Industrials sub-sectors to inform sector points of view and marketing programmes
- Assist in the development of new content and insights (e.g., Executive Insights articles, surveys, etc.)
- Maintain and create Industrials sector and sub-sector credentials
- Liaise closely with Industrials business development manager and Industrials partners to package relevant project experience for pitch packs and proposals
- Sector strategic initiatives
- Work closely with L.E.K.’s Industrials partners to support the development and growth of the practice
- Support in preparing materials for sector planning sessions
- Support Industrials knowledge management, including enhancing and managing systems to capture, categorize and share Industrials knowledge among their dedicated Industrials team, and throughout the firm
- Link with U.S. sector specialists to leverage their capabilities and support sector strategic objectives at a global level
- Maintain the Industrials blog and Community of Practice portal on L.E.K. knowledge management system
- Provide support for the adoption and tailoring of new service lines within the practice
- Case team engagement
- Contribute to case team kick-offs by providing the most relevant prior case work and best practice materials
- Synthesize IP into tools and documents that support and ease case team execution
- Validate IP contribution from closed cases prior to inclusion in L.E.K.’s knowledge management system
- An undergraduate degree
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a consulting firm or similar environment
- Proven understanding of business concepts and their practical applications
- Interest in, but not necessarily deep experience in, industrial segments
- Superior market research and analytical skills combined with proven expertise in market analysis
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and activities at once and flexibility to re-prioritise
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter mentioning that you found the role through Women Returners to London.firstname.lastname@example.org