Business Development Manager, London
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
L.E.K. Consulting is looking for an experienced professional to join their European Business Development team in the Life Sciences Practice, and to be a key contributor to the Firm’s business development efforts throughout the European region and beyond. This is a full-time role, but there may be flexibility in working arrangements.
About LEK Consulting
L.E.K. Consulting is a global strategy consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping our clients to consistently make better strategic decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder value. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. We specialise in addressing key strategic and operational issues and in providing Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) support. We are experts across a wide range of sectors, including life sciences and healthcare, retail and consumer, financial services, industrials, energy and transportation. Founded in London in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,000 professionals across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
The Business Development Manager’s primary objective is to increase Partner interaction with key senior executives, known and new. This includes:
- Working with the Life Sciences sector team and individual Partners to develop sales strategies and execute account plans
- Actively managing and expanding the sector’s contact network, including direct outreach to senior executives to secure in-person meetings with contacts
- Following up on opportunities to sell the firm’s services via referrals, campaigns, networking, and industry events
- Guiding the team on and ensuring adherence to best sales practices
- Developing an understanding of the Life Sciences sector’s business issues and how L.E.K. can address them
The position will be based in London but is pan-European in scope.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience with direct outreach to senior executives
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle a high volume of relationships
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- A high degree of comfort with long selling cycles
- Experience using CRM systems or similar
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Background & Experience
Ideally, candidates should have a minimum of three years of business-to-business sales experience of intangibles. However, candidates who can engage credibly with senior executives up to and including the C-suite and are able to manage a large network are also welcome to apply.
The role may suit those with a background in consulting or other professional services. Previous experience within the Life Sciences sector or an interest in the biological sciences may be helpful, but is not essential.
Strong verbal and written skills are required. Candidates should be highly motivated, meticulous, energetic, and able to work within a team structure that requires a good deal of upward management. The job requires close attention to detail, including careful record keeping with regard to all sales activity.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Andrea Cheatle at A.Cheatle@lek.com. Please ensure that you reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying. The closing date for applications is 20th February 2018.