Sky Returner Programme 2019
Registration has now closed
Sky is excited to launch its second Sky Returner Programme in partnership with Women Returners, designed to support talented professionals, both men and women, who have taken an extended career break, back into the workplace.
About the Launch Event
Date: Thursday 19 September 2019
Timing: 13.00 – 15.50 (Registration from 12.30)
Location: Osterley, West London
Visit Sky’s award winning campus and meet key members of Sky staff, hear all about the welcoming work culture and benefits they have to offer at Sky, all whilst enjoying a light lunch and refreshments.
The event is targeted at people who have taken a break from their previous careers for two or more years and have mid-to-senior level experience working within Technology or Product. The event aims to facilitate your pathway back into a professional industry with enhanced employability, gaining invaluable experience from the day such as a free CV evaluation, and insight from leading professionals at Osterley.
- Welcome from Elaine Buckner, Group CISO and Director of GTO.
- Overview of the Sky Returner Programme
- Insights from returners from 2018 on their route back into the industry
- Benefit from a Women Returners coaching workshop on preparing for your return to work
- Enjoy informal networking with Sky staff and other returners
- Learn about the community built at Sky to support you in many ways, from well-being and maintaining your individuality in the workplace to inclusivity and achieving a healthy work-life balance.
- A free CV clinic will be available so please bring a hard copy of your CV if you would like expert advice on how to make your skills and experience stand out.
About the Sky Returner Programme
This year’s programme will focus on a number of positions across Sky’s Technology and Product business areas. Roles are based predominantly in Osterley, West London, and there is also the opportunity to be based in Livingston. A range of flexible working options are available, dependent on the role.
The programme will take the form of a paid six-month placement, commencing in November 2019. At the end of the programme you will be well placed to apply for permanent opportunities at Sky.
You will be placed on a project or in a team where your skills and experience will be highly valued and utilised. You will participate in coaching workshops from Women Returners, and benefit from focused training and mentoring to support your transition back to the workplace.
Sky knows that talent extends beyond a professional CV. The Sky Returner Programme offers the opportunity to join a forward-thinking, innovative and inclusive workforce, where flexibility and creativity is encouraged.
The programme is designed for people who have taken a break from their previous careers for two or more years and have mid-to-senior level experience of working within Technology or Product in any of the following positions:
- Programme / Project Manager
- Delivery Manager
- Business Analysis
- Senior Developer
- Strategy and Architecture
- Engineers (Data, DevOps, Network, T&D)
- Data Scientist
- Product Lead / Product Owners / Product Managers
- Cyber Security Specialist
Who Should Attend
- The event is aimed at potential applicants for the Sky Returner Programme
- You will have been on an extended career break for two or more years. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You will have mid-to-senior level experience in Technology or Product
To register for the Launch Event
If you meet the eligibility requirements outlined above please register for the Launch Event here.
Please apply as soon as possible as places are limited. Successful applicants will receive an email confirming their place.
For enquiries, please email Ella Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the Sky Returnship Programme
To learn more and to apply please visit here. Please apply no later than Sunday 29 September 2019.
You do not need to attend the Launch Event to be able to apply for the Sky Returner Programme