Kames Capital Returner Programme
Programme: 16 week paid returnship (part of Finance, Legal and FinTech Returners Scotland)
Kames Capital is delighted to partner with Women Returners and participate in this returner programme funded by the Scottish Government with the aim of supporting women back into the work. Joining the Kames Capital Programme will be a supported journey back to professional level work. During the 16-week programme you will enjoying being part of a diverse team, be given interesting work and the autonomy to achieve set objectives. You will benefit from coaching support from Women Returners, an internal mentor to guide you along the way and a buddy for your day-to-day questions. As part of the programme you will also have the support of a cohort of like-minded women on the same journey as you.
About Kames Capital
Kames Capital is a UK-based investment management business. From Edinburgh, London and The Hague their 95 investment professionals manage £44 billion on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. They have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. They are also a global leader in sustainable investing.
The opportunity with Kames Capital is as a Service Management Relationship Manager.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the investment management division of AAM Europe is supported with high quality services from Kames Capital’s outsourcing relationships.
- Responsible for service management support to the investment management division of AAM Europe
- Strategy and Policy – Working with Service Management Manager to set strategy for future of function, ensuring that current and future business requirements of AAM Europe will be properly supported. Seeks to find ways to add value to investment performance. Seeks convergence and synergy across the region where possible
- Delivery – Delivers a robust and reliable service to the AAM Europe investment organisation covering all asset classes, ensuring appropriate service level standards are met and strong controls are in place at all times.
- Best Practice – Adopts best practice methodologies including benchmarking, outsource oversight, project management, lean, agile and develops.
- Champion of Change – Is responsible for championing change within the team, ensuring that changes deliver on their objectives. Provides support for AAM’s TOM initiative.
- Relationship Management – Working closely with the Vendor Management organisation manages key relationships with 3rd party vendors and suppliers, especially business process outsource providers, ensuring there is focus on delivery of service, development of product, and continuing value for money through commercial negotiation.
- Responsible for the overall compliance with the relevant regulatory regimes as they impact the team, and for ensuring that risks are identified and managed accordingly.
- Lead by example in treating customers fairly, by demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
Kames Capital would like to hear from women who have taken a career break of 12 months or more and have the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of financial markets and financial instruments
- Professional qualifications in the area of investment operations is preferred
- Proven ability to understand business processes and issues, as well as being an excellent communicator and the ability to operate at all levels.
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and relationship management skills
- A strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills
How to apply:
If the Kames Capital Programme sounds like a good fit for you, your skills and experience then please apply with cover letter and CV to Pamela.Macintyre@kamescapital.com
Closing date for applications is 30 September at 23.59 (extended).
If you have any queries relating specifically to Kames Capital, please email Pamela.Macintyre@kamescapital.com
With any queries relating to the overall programme, please email Hazel@womenreturners.com