Hymans Robertson Returner Programme
Hymans Robertson is one of the UK’s leading providers of pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Proudly independent, they work with a wide range of employers, trustees and financial services institutions – including many household names and leading organisations. They employ over 800 staff in four UK offices (London, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Glasgow).
Hymans Robertson is proud to partner with Women Returners on this cross company Returners to Financial Services Scotland Programme funded by the Scottish Government and has a 3 month paid placement available in their well-appointed office in central Glasgow. They support flexible working practices – please let them know if you’d like to discuss a flexible working arrangement.
Who are they looking for?
Hymans Robertson is pleased to offer a returnship opportunity for an experienced pensions administrator within their Third Party Administration team in Glasgow. The role could sit within one of three teams depending on the experience of the successful individual. The three options are described below:
Some of your main responsibilities will be to:
- provide a seamless, professional and personal service to meet the needs of clients and members to give them the best possible experience.
- use your knowledge and skills to build strong client and member relationships and provide them with the answers they need.
- deal with pensions related queries and requests which span the full pensions lifecycle, including complex calculations.
- look for ways to improve client and member service and help to implement these.
- help with drafting administration reports and learning how to present these.
- work on cyclical and ad hoc projects and take ownership for these.
GMP – Guaranteed Minimum Pensions team
You’ll join the GMP Reconciliation administration team and play a key role in delivering this vital project to deadline. It’s a good opportunity to build more specific experience in this very current area of pensions administration work.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing a timely, efficient, professional and personal service to meet the needs of clients and members and agreed project deliverables for all GMP reconciliation work.
- Making recommendations for next steps in the project lifecycle and ensuring that all work is charged, in particular requests for work which are outside the agreed client fees.
- Preparing administration reports and project updates and, where appropriate, presenting these to clients or trustees.
- Assisting with project quality controls, including checking work produced by your team members.
- Acting as the go to person for guidance on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Supporting the development of less experienced administrators on the GMP team.
Pension Administrator – Projects team
You’ll join the new pensions administration projects team and play a key role in delivering projects to help the other administration teams. It’s a good opportunity to build more specific project experience in this new team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing dedicated support to the administration teams in all of their offices with the delivery of specific TPA projects.
- Scoping new client fee generating projects.
- Support cyclical project work such as Pension Increases and Annual Benefits statements.
If you’d like to be considered then you’ll ideally already have solid experience of day-to-day pensions administration, ideally gained in defined benefits (DB) and a third party administration environment. You should also have a good working understanding of the different kinds of pensions arrangements in place, like defined contribution (DC), CARE and hybrid schemes.
This role will make good use of your communication and relationship building skills as you’ll be dealing with a range of people, including colleagues, clients and members and will need to communicate complex information in a simple and straightforward way. You’ll really enjoy working as part of a team but also take responsibility for planning and managing your own time.
About Hymans Robertson
The firm’s history stretches back almost 100 years and they have been proud pioneers throughout that time. Today they’re at the forefront of their industry, influencing its future direction and working to provide better futures for hundreds of organisations and millions of their employees and pension scheme members.
Their Third Party Administration (TPA) practice prides itself on a friendly, client focused approach and offers personalised pensions administration and pensioner payroll services and solutions. They are proud to have been recognised for the quality of their services as well. Hymans Robertson LLP won the Third Party Administrator of the Year award at the 2016 UK Pensions Awards and recently achieved re-accreditation to PASA (Pensions Administration Standards Association).
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining any preference between the teams outlined to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hymans Robertson are open to receiving speculative applications.
Closing date of 4th February 2018
If you have any questions on the programme itself please contact email@example.com
For queries specific to the Hymans Robertson role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org