Talent Bridges Programme
Applications are now closed
Are you an HR Professional looking to return to work after a career break?
The Home Office are introducing a Return to Work programme to provide a bridge back to work for talented experienced professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an extended absence from the workforce (minimum of two years).
Talent Bridges programme is a 6 month part time paid programme offering placements in a variety of HR roles. The programme offers training and coaching support to sharpen existing skills in a new work environment. Talent Bridges Programme is a valuable experience for anyone who’s ready to re-enter the workforce.
The Home Office’s purpose is to keep citizens safe and the country secure. There are few organisations with a more compelling mission. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a strategic HR team that champions the People Strategy and supports the delivery of the Home Office’s mission.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid part-time placement (for 3 days per week) for 26 weeks starting from April 2017.
- Roles will be located in London and Croydon.
- You will work on HR projects using your skills and experience.
- You will receive coaching support and training to help you to transition successfully into the work place.
- Flexible working options are available.
- At the end of the programme, you will be well-placed to apply for permanent roles in the Home Office, across government or the wider corporate world.
Who they are looking for
- HR professionals, ideally CIPD qualified or with significant HR experience in high profile roles.
- People who have and can demonstrate effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- People with demonstrable experience of project planning and delivery.
- People with the right to work in the UK and willing to undergo security clearance.
Why the Home Office?
The Home Office has a compelling and simple agenda: to keep the borders secure and citizens safe. Across three main groupings – Office for Counter Extremism and Security, Public Protection and Immigration and Borders – their employees number more than 25,000, in a variety of roles, from Policy Making and Working with Ministers to those delivering front-line operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and strategic HR team that champions the People Capability Strategy and works collaboratively with the business areas to support the delivery of the Home Office’s mission. Their plan for the next 5 years is highly ambitious and requires HR professionals who will bring energy and new ways of working to government, driving change and transformation through people.
If you would like to apply for the programme please send your CV and a cover letter to Talent Bridges to the following address:
The Talent Bridges Team: Talent.Bridges@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Closing date 17th March 2017. Applications are now closed
With any queries, please contact AskaboutTalent.Bridges@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk