Commercial Property Solicitor, Wiltshire
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of two years or more will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Goughs Solicitors have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Solicitor to join their dynamic commercial department on an upward trajectory with plenty of exposure to excellent client work.
The role will require the candidate to grow and develop the commercial property work alongside servicing an already existing caseload and assisting fellow colleagues in the department. They welcome candidates who have had a private practice or in-house background. In addition to coaching support offered by Women Returners through the transition period, Goughs Solicitors will also devise a programme of refresher legal training. The role offers a real opportunity for career progression through their well developed career structure.
The role and the caseload includes:
- Freehold and Leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Property Finance
- Representing Landlords and Tenants in the grant of, surrender, assignment and subletting of leases, licences to assign/underlet and licences to alter.
- Land acquisition and disposals
- Management and property portfolios
With offices throughout North Wiltshire and with access to excellent road (M4/M5) and rail networks, the buzz of city life in Bristol and Bath is on their doorstep whilst the beautiful Wiltshire countryside can be your “bolt hole”. The role will be based at one of their six offices and will require travel to the other offices and to see clients at locations suitable for them.
Skills and Experience
- A strong commercial property background and the ability to work on corporate transactions.
- An ability to demonstrate a dynamic and flexible approach to client’s needs.
- A methodical approach with good problem solving and analytical skills alongside good attention to detail
- Commercial awareness with a history of a strong financial performance
- Experience in business development and a well developed personal brand
- Good team player with excellent communication and people skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
About Goughs Solicitors
Goughs Solicitors are one of Wiltshire’s leading law firms with six offices across well-appointed high street locations. Founded in 1882, they have an excellent local reputation and deliver a high quality legal service which is tailored to each individual to ensure that they meet and exceed their clients’ needs. They offer legal services across five different practice areas and have over 90 employees; 16 of which are based within the commercial department.
Goughs Solicitors will offer the following as a benefits package for this role:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays as well as access to a buying and selling annual leave scheme.
- Automatic enrolment into the Work Place Pension Scheme after three months of employment. Upon successful completion of their probationary period, the candidate can increase their contributions up to 4% which will be matched.
- Entitlement to a discretionary bonus under the Individual Performance Objectives bonus scheme.
- Access to a healthcare cashplan which provides cash payments to help with routine healthcare costs including dental treatment, optical expenses, therapy sessions and consultations.
- A tailored career structure and appraisal process.
- Childcare vouchers
- Length of service awards.
- Firm funded bi-monthly prize draws and social events.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter (mentioning Women Returners) to Lauren Bridger, HR Executive by email: firstname.lastname@example.org