Gateley Plc Returner Programme
Location: Manchester and Leeds
Start date: February 2019
Programme: 6-month paid returnship
About Gateley Plc
Gateley Plc is a leading national law lead professional services company. Operating in 8 UK cities and with an office in Dubai, they help clients meet their commercial goals through the delivery of clear and pragmatic legal and professional services advice and solutions.
In 2015 Gateley made legal history by becoming the first UK law firm to list on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. As a plc, Gateley is able to fulfil its growth strategy: differentiate, incentivise and diversify.
- Differentiate: by listing, Gateley demonstrated its progressive and entrepreneurial mind-set – a distinctive approach, which appeals to clients.
- Incentivise: Gateley has a unique offer to its staff – equity in the business. An employee share scheme enables everyone working at Gateley Plc to have a stake in its continued growth and success.
- Diversify: the Gateley Group provides clients with more than legal advice thanks to the acquisition of tax incentives advisory business Gateley Capitus. Other acquisitions will add complementary services.
Gateley is a full-service legal business which is home to market-leading real estate, corporate, banking & finance, commercial dispute resolution and corporate recovery practices.
Gateley is committed to the regional communities in which it is based, and actively supports a number of causes both nationally and regionally. The firm has a reputation as a friendly and sociable place to work and is committed to equality and diversity throughout its offices.
What Is Gateley Plc Offering?
Gateley Plc is offering a supported route back into the legal profession. As part of the Law Returners programme you will have an internal mentor, Career Returners Coaching support provided by Women Returners, technical support from the Law Society, a buddy for your day to day questions and you will also benefit from a peer support group.
They are keen to speak with qualified lawyers at all levels who are looking to return to work in the legal sector following a professional legal career break of 12 months or more.
Their Manchester and Leeds offices are full service and they are eager to hear from individuals offering past experience in any of the following areas:
- Corporate: They have one of the largest national teams in the UK and consistently advise on more transactions than other advisors in the market. Much of their work is referral-driven. They also regularly act for international buyers of UK legal services. The majority of their lawyers have experience of acting for international corporates, particularly US-based clients. As a result they are frequently appointed to act for corporates or institutions making acquisitions or investments in the UK.
- Construction: They have experienced specialist teams dedicated to advising on transactions and disputes on a national level providing full legal support to contractors, developers and housebuilders including the UK’s top 10 housebuilders. In addition to UK construction, they have considerable experience in dealing with construction projects on an international level, handling both transactional and dispute-resolution work whether through the UK or their office in Dubai.
- Commercial Dispute Resolution: They have an enviable reputation for their proactive and proficient approach to litigation and dispute resolution. Their expertise means they can handle any type of dispute, working with private individuals as well as large corporates on a national and international basis. They regularly undertake litigation in foreign jurisdictions, including through their international “best friends” network of partner law firms.
Manchester & Leeds:
- Residential Development: This is one of the largest business areas within Gateley Plc, and they have an excellent reputation for the breadth and depth of the work they do. Additional, specialist services help to make them a preferred partner and one-stop for all UK housebuilders. They act for all the top 10 housebuilders, in all regions of the UK, and are valued for their inherent technical ability and the incredibly responsive service they provide.
- Banking & Finance: Their clients are predominantly UK-based financial institutions, including all of the main clearing banks. They also act for a number of specialist lenders, such as fund-based lenders and asset based lenders – ABL is a particular field of expertise for their team.
- Real Estate: Their real estate advisory team can offer a number if services that combine their legal, fiscal incentives and surveying expertise. They include property investment services, brownfield site development advice and compulsory purchase order services. Through investment, development, management and disposal, their team provides seamless expertise and practical, responsive advice tailored to their clients’ businesses at every stage of the real estate asset lifecycle.
Gateley Plc actively supports employees needing flexible working arrangements to meet work and life commitments. Currently 43% of their employees work flexibly in one way or another. They encourage applications from all individuals including those who may wish to discuss a flexible working pattern.
Please go to their Careers page to apply: https://gateleyplc.com/careers/
Closing date for applications in 25 November at 23.59.
Gateley Plc are more than happy to answer any queries. Please contact Katie Cannon, HR Advisor for Manchester and Leeds on 0161 836 7914 or email@example.com
For overall Law Returners programme questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency applications will not be accepted.
Gateley PLC is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, and national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gateley Plc they seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Their aim is to fulfil everyone’s potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.