Senior Associate, Corporate Finance, TMT sector
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
FirstCapital is an award-winning boutique investment bank committed to providing superior advice to high growth European technology companies in the software, internet and communications sectors.
Headquartered in London, they have an exceptional record in M&A and private placements. Their team has advised on over 220 deals worth over $145bn. They have a deep understanding of the technology market and excellent global networks with both corporate acquirers and financial investors. FirstCapital is independently owned with a proven track record and ambitious plans for our future.
Who they are looking for
As a result of a strong pipeline of deals they are looking for an experienced Senior Associate with strong sector expertise to join their expanding team.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience. They will work closely with our Managing Directors gaining strong experience of all aspects of the deal, with good client exposure and excellent opportunities for promotion, in an exciting growth market.
Key role responsibilities
- Manage preparation of marketing materials for client transactions, including presentations and market analysis
- Build financial models and valuation analysis
- Proactively assisting deal origination through sector research, target identification and maintaining/building own network
- Prepare and participate in deal pitches
- Take ownership of transaction project management
The position requires a confident person who is a self-starter; is highly motivated and reliable. You must be well organized with good attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Specifically, they are looking for:
- 5+ years’ professional experience in UK/European investment banking/corporate finance/private equity; recent relevant professional experience in USA would also be considered
- Strong TMT sector knowledge and experience
- Relevant transactional experience with proven financial modelling skills
- Ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in at least one other major European language would be an advantage
- Someone who enjoys working in a highly-motivated team environment with a positive can-do attitude
- Appropriate educational qualifications for the role
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Annette Duncan at email@example.com.
Please reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.
Application deadline 30 November 2017.