Finance, Legal & FinTech Returners Scotland
Applications are now closed
Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow & surrounding areas
Start date: November 2018
Programme: 16 week returnship
Are you looking for a route back to work?
Women Returners is partnering with a number of leading Scottish employers, with the support of the Scottish Government Workplace Equality Fund, to launch a new cross-company returner programme. This programme is targeted at experienced professional women, looking to return to work after an extended career break of at least 12 months, who are interested in working in the Financial Services, Legal or FinTech sectors.
Participating companies are:
- Financial Services: Barclays, Grant Thornton, Jardine Lloyd Thompson, Kames Capital
- Legal: Brodies, Burness Paull, CMS Law, Dentons
- FinTech: Computershare, ShareIn
How will you benefit from the programme?
The programme offers a professionally-paid placement of 16 weeks, from November 2018 to March 2019. Positions are at a professional level, with a range of roles and areas available. Positions will be located in or around Edinburgh or Glasgow. The programme will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to apply for permanent roles at end of programme.
You will receive internal mentoring, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network of like-minded women.
Flexible working options may be available during and after the programme depending on the role.
Who are they looking for?
Women with a relevant professional background who have taken a career break of 12 months or more. Each company will have different criteria according to the roles available.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send CV & cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links in each company advert
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview
- Stage 3: Attend a cross-company assessment day in Edinburgh or Glasgow in October 2018. If you have applied to more than 1 company we will attempt to schedule your interviews on the same day, but this is not guaranteed
How do you apply?
Apply directly to the participating company you are interested in, via the links on the relevant company page below:
Jardine Lloyd Thompson
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2018 at 23.59 (deadline extended).
Questions? See FAQs. If you have other questions on the programme itself please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries on specific company placements, please contact the individual company via the email address on their advert.