Fidelity International New Horizons – Dublin Programme
Applications are now closed
Start date: January 2018
Programme: 20 week returnship
Fidelity International, a leading investment solutions and retirement company, is launching their first Returner Programme in Ireland. This programme is within the Global Business Operations group and is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break who have a background or interest in Financial Services.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 20 weeks, starting in January 2018, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the assignment.
- Positions are for management level roles within the Global Business Operations group and will be located in Dublin city centre.
- You will have the opportunity to work in global teams within a growing international business.
- You will receive coaching support from Fidelity International’s partner company, Women Returners, to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace.
- Flexible working options are available depending on the role.
What Fidelity is looking for
- Highly collaborative people who are passionate about striving to grow the business
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Ideally some previous experience working within Financial Services or Asset Management
- Knowledge and experience within Project Management, Business Analysis, Testing or People Management
- Potential roles within Technology, Business Operations, Treasury, Fund Operations or other support functions.
- You must have been on a career break for a minimum of 2 years to be eligible
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company, who provide investment expertise, technology and service innovation to help their clients to achieve their financial goals.
They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their pioneering investment philosophy looks to the long-term and recognises individuality, and they adopt the same approach to developing and rewarding their people.
Learn more about Fidelity’s experience with returner programmes and their advice for returners in this Silicon Republic interview with Stephanie Marshall, Talent Acquisition Lead for UK and Ireland: How to return to work after a long career break
Fidelity in Ireland
Fidelity International has operated in Ireland since 2000 and is home to the Fidelity International Irish business (FIL Fund Management, FIL Life Insurance and FIL Transaction Services). Their core business activities are focused around the provision of Fund Accounting, Investment Operations, Technology Treasury, Foreign exchange and Client Services.
Late 2015 Fidelity announced the creation of a global shared services structure reflecting their desire to design a global organisation in line with their strategic vision to deliver better futures for their clients. This function plays an essential role in strengthening their culture of continuous improvement enabling them to create simpler, more automated, and scalable and lower-risk ways of meeting clients’ needs quickly
This exciting venture in one of Europe’s largest financial services centres creates significant opportunities for those looking to grow their careers in an international company.
Feedback from 2016 New Horizons Programme Participants
|“It has been an absolute game changer for me, since the day we had the first workshop during the assessment day I felt confident and empowered to achieve what I wanted.”
“The support I have received on this programme has been exceptional. Each individual has been assigned a mentor. My mentor has been extremely helpful and encouraging throughout. I can address any concerns directly to her and she’ll take the time to listen and help. Where childcare has been an issue, one of my biggest concerns before joining the programme, she has been reassuring and supportive throughout.
My manager has been available for me to ask any questions. She continuously reiterates the fact that she herself had returned to work after an extended break, so is very empathetic”
How to apply
For more information and how to apply, please visit New Horizons Returner Programme Dublin
The closing date for applications is 5 November 2017
Assessment Days will run in mid November 2017
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Fidelity team on firstname.lastname@example.org