This role has now closed
Fidelity International is looking for a Solutions Designer to join their Solutions Design Team in their Cannon Street, London office. This is a supported hire permanent position – successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
About the Role
Fidelity is looking for an individual to help build investment solutions, focussing largely on fixed income. Therefore previous experience with institutional clients such as pension funds or insurance companies, either as an asset manager or investment consultant would be ideal.
Fidelity’s Investment Solution Design team is a team of 6 investment experts who design investment solutions for large clients; typically Fidelity’s institutional and wholesale clients. It is an independent team which sits between the investment divisions (equity, fixed income, real estate, and multi asset) and the distribution teams, but is populated with investment people rather than sales. The team consists of two types of people: experienced former fund managers, fiduciary managers and investment consultants, and highly technical junior staff educated to PhD level or higher. The mission of the team is to act as the client’s architect, designing solutions to investment problems. The four objectives are: represent the client, tailor if necessary, innovate, and be rigorous.
Purpose of the Role
- Assist in the provision of strategic solutions at Fidelity
- Lead the solutions effort related specifically to fixed income
- Actively debate other solutions that the Investment Solution Design team is working on
- Deliver the solutions to sales force and clients, at one-to-one meetings and in conference settings
- Undertake strategic research, including the contributing to the development of new solutions
- Support the senior investment designers, and provide guidance to the junior ones
- Contributing to investment solutions design, portfolio construction and product analyses
- Championing the solutions investment message and supporting its delivery to clients
- Continuously developing technical knowledge and capability in line with the investments solutions strategy
- Supporting the delivery of the best outcome for clients based on their objectives and constraints
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
These are the required attributes of the role, but Fidelity acknowledges that few candidates will have all attributes, and will consider those who have only a subset of the below. Doing the right thing for the clients is a key objective for them, and therefore integrity is a crucial requirement, especially in a fast paced, short dead-lined environment.
- General practical experience in capital markets research
- A working knowledge of the key concepts of financial theory (portfolio construction and asset pricing in particular)
- Significant experience with considering and constructing either multi asset solutions or fixed income solutions (or ideally both)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proactive approach and a ‘Can-do’ attitude to take ownership and resolve issues
- Team player with the proven ability to build strong internal relationships
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company, who provide investment expertise, technology and service innovation to help their clients to achieve their financial goals.
They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their pioneering investment philosophy looks to the long-term and recognises individuality, and they adopt the same approach to developing and rewarding their people.
Find out more about what Fidelity does, their history, and how you could be a part of their future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/about-us
How to apply
To apply with your CV and cover letter, please follow this link: Solutions Designer
Please apply as soon as possible and mention in your cover letter that you are returning after a career break
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Fidelity team on email@example.com