Fidelity International is looking for a Business Manager to join their UK Business Management Team in Kingswood, Surrey. This is a supported hire permanent position – successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
About the Role
The Business Manager will report to the Head of Business Management and will support the UK Financial Services Managing Director. This will include reviewing & analysing documentation, preparation of briefing notes & reports, background research on relevant matters and stakeholder organisations and providing support for communications and meetings. The role holder will work closely with the UKFS Business Management teams and span across all client segments and shared functions within the UK business.
The UK Business Management team contributes to the development of Fidelity International’s business and the protection of its shareholders, investors and its reputation. The team provides proactive and high quality support and oversight to the UK business which includes support to the UK Business CEO; production and coordination of submissions to Board Reports, quarterly goals reviews; facilitation of governance meetings, UK Operating Committee, Risk Committee; production of slides for various presentations.
What does the job involve?
- Provide support to the UK Financial Services Management Director
- Organise, preparation for and document key meetings
- Support communication across the UK Business including Webchats, Town Halls, informal updates etc. agreeing approach, content and delivery methods
- Review and provide analysis on documents and reports providing summary notes to the UKFS MD
- Contribute to a proactive and open culture adopted across the business
- Provide support to the Head of Business Management and coordinate the execution of day to day business management responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Business Management team, UK business and delivery partners
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of business process and controls with proven experience in a business operations or sales distribution environment within the Financial Services industry
- Understanding and awareness of business management
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work under pressure
- Self-driven, outcome orientated and keen to learn
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- Technical proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to manage priorities and adapt to meet requirements of the team and business stakeholders
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent written English with some experience in formal business writing desirable
Values and behaviours
You must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation – Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve your clients.
Integrity – Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of your clients.
Excellence – Striving to be the best while knowing you can always be better next time.
You must be able to operate in accordance with Fidelity’s behaviours:
Commitment – You are committed to your clients. You push through obstacles to make things happen; you make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. You are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration – You collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking.
Client Focus – You will be expected to, and measured on, your ability to put the client first. You go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. You listen carefully, you communicate clearly, and you’re quick to respond. You’re respectful of the trust placed in you to manage their money.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company, who provide investment expertise, technology and service innovation to help their clients to achieve their financial goals.
They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their pioneering investment philosophy looks to the long-term and recognises individuality, and they adopt the same approach to developing and rewarding their people.
Find out more about what Fidelity does, their history, and how you could be a part of their future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/about-us
How to apply
To apply with your CV and cover letter, please follow this link: Business Manager
Please apply as soon as possible and mention in your cover letter that you are returning after a career break
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Fidelity team on firstname.lastname@example.org