Lending you a hand – Returning to work after a career break
Have you been out of the workforce for two or more years and are ready to come back? Already built a career in financial services or with transferable skills and now ready to embark on the next step on your career path?
Everyday Loans recognises the added value that experienced talent brings into the workplace. And they also know that it’s not always easy to find the right job after a career break. They are a forward-thinking company that recognise that it is important to support returners to work, offering them a structured induction as well as coaching to support them into the role.
About Everyday Loans
Established in 2006, Everyday Loans has become a subsidiary of Non-Standard Finance plc when it was acquired by them early in 2016. Fundamental to their success is their firm belief in lending and collecting responsibly as well as ensuring that customers and employees are valued and looked after.
Everyday Loans offers unsecured personal loans to UK customers through its network of 65 branches across the UK, opening 12 branches this year. They meet customers face-to-face to help people with their financial requirements, offering unsecured loans to homeowners and tenants.
They also have a Guarantor Loans Division which has doubled in size with two brands TrustTwo and George Banco providing unsecured lending online to customers that need a guarantor.
Head Office Opportunities – Bourne End, Buckinghamshire
Head of Finance (Full-Time with flexible working)
This a new role that has arisen due to the promotion of the existing Finance Director to COO.
This requires a hands-on approach alongside being involved in the strategy of the business supporting the COO and CEO.Following your transition period, you will provide leadership that motivates, inspires and optimises business performance. The role will be key in instilling a performance driven, customer focused culture. The intention is to build the value of the business for all stakeholders (customers, staff & shareholders) by constant development and improvements in people, infrastructure and financial results.
- Build and adapt the business model to ensure that Everyday Loans remain well placed to compete in their chosen markets.
- Ability to Plan and Model.
- Develop short and long-term business plans.
- Ensure that the business exceeds the regulatory requirements in all respects, is fully compliant and operates in a manner that mitigates any potential reputational risk to the business.
- Deliver results required within business plans which will include; loan portfolio growth, control & balance, Profitability, Credit risk costs and controls, People development, Audit & compliance control, Expense control.
- Monitor market developments and competitor activity and manage the business to take advantage of opportunities.
- Drive and share best practise across the business and the wider group.
- Overall responsibility for the development of the workforce through hiring, training, development, and their advancement within the business as a critical element of the ultimate success of the business.
- To effectively and efficiently complete all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Adapt to the changes required by the CFO/COO.
- Supervise the finance unit and report directly to the CFO/COO on all strategic and tactical matters relating to – budget management, cost benefit analysis, people and forecasting needs.
Your Experience and Skills
- Will be a qualified Accountant preferably with experience of working in fast-paced, growing organisations
- IFRS9 financial reporting experience
- Have worked in financial services or a relevant field and have previous experience relevant to the role description above
- Have been on a career break for at least two full years
Executive PA – Full or Part-Time
The candidate should have previous experience as an EA demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills and an excellent ability to prioritise. This role will directly support the CEO and additional members of EXCO with extensive diary & email management, ensuring that they are aware of what needs attention and when.
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience of taking responsibility for inbox, calendar management and travel arrangements. You will also have previously worked as part of a senior team and will take a confident, discreet and professional approach.
- Daily email dictation, including typing up notes and board minutes.
- Own and manage the inbox of the CEO and support members of EXCO. Ensure all emails are flagged and answered, prioritising appropriately and drafting responses where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for the calendar. Prioritise meetings and create room for the CEO and EXCO to complete tasks.
- Manage contact database.
- Be responsible for managing invitations and RSVP’ing to these in a timely manner, ensuring all affected parties are aware of their responsibilities.
- Arrange all travel arrangements for the CEO and EXCO for any business trips, including flights, visas, hotels and transport. Create detailed itineraries.
Salary & Benefits
- Both roles offer a competitive salary based upon experience
- A discretionary performance award based on individual and company performance
- Flexible benefits; Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discount gym membership, Taste Card, health screening plus many more
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days through flexible benefits
- Pension & Life Insurance
- Private medical insurance for you and your immediate family
- Non-Standard Finance share scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Training and Development
If you have any questions or would like to apply please send a CV and cover letter mentioning that you found the role through Women Returners to Lysette.firstname.lastname@example.org