Relationship Manager and Marketing Manager
Programme: Supported hiring into initial 12 month contracts – full time and part time working patterns available
Start Date: ASAP
Equity Gap is delighted to be partnering with Women Returners to offer two fantastic opportunities within their fast growing team in Edinburgh. These roles are for an initial 12-month contract and offer a range of flexible working patterns. Successful candidates who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
About Equity Gap
Equity Gap is an Edinburgh based angel investment syndicate, helping match investors with entrepreneurs looking for early stage business funding. They are on track to match their award-winning 18 deals last year with a similar number in 2019. They have also increased their member numbers significantly in the last couple of years to around 150 active investors.
Following this rapid growth, they’re looking for a Relationship Manager and Marketing Manager to join the Equity Gap team.
About the roles
The Relationship Manager will support the company directors in developing relationships with portfolio companies and investing members. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- leading engagement with a portfolio of Equity Gap’s existing, new and prospective investee companies
- ensuring portfolio companies operate within established governance and consents
- generating revenue to achieve agreed commercial targets
- building effective relationships with Equity Gap’s individual and corporate investing members
- acting as an ambassador for Equity Gap in the Scottish and UK-wide investment communities
- supporting strategy and business plan development and delivery
The Marketing Manager will shape the marketing and communications strategy for Equity Gap’s members and with the wider early stage investment community in Scotland. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- leading the Equity Gap marketing strategy, building on expertise in emerging channels and capability.
- Promoting Equity Gap through a range of channels, including social media, PR, events, editorial and digital communications
- Creating and delivering marketing plans to engage their members, existing and prospective portfolio companies and the wider investment community
- campaign planning, implementation and evaluation
- building a member feedback and insight programme
- Financial services relationship management and/or business development experience
- Proficient in using data and analytics to make informed decisions and recommendations about commercial strategy and activity
- The ability to demonstrate commercial success in previous roles
- Clear communication skills
- Understands and manages risk effectively
- A broad range of marketing experience, particularly in digital marketing
- Ability to design, plan, initiate and deliver effective marketing campaigns
- Effectively promote digital channels to their stakeholders
- Proficient at using data and analytics to make informed decisions and recommendations about the marketing strategy and activity
- Clear communicator, able to meet the needs of different audiences and stakeholders
What they are offering
As part of a small team, you’ll be working directly with Equity Gap’s directors and leaders of their portfolio companies. This is a great opportunity to build on your knowledge of angel investing and help entrepreneurs access funding to grow their early stage businesses.
The Relationship Manager role is available on a part time basis, working 20 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, initially as a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Marketing Manager role is available on a full or part time basis, working 5, 6 or 7 hours per day over 4 or 5 days, initially as a 12 month fixed term contract.
You’ll also benefit from flexible working options, a generous holiday allowance and their friendly, relaxed, inclusive workplace culture.
How to apply
Simply send your CV and a short statement (no more than 250 words) about why you want to work for Equity Gap Alex@Equitygap.co.uk
With any questions relating to Equity Gap or the roles available, please contact Alex@Equitygap.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 4 November, 2019