Legal Team Manager
Programme: Supported hiring into permanent position (flexible and part time working available)
Start Date: ASAP
Elevate, in partnership with Reed Smith is recruiting for a Team Manager who has at least 2 years’ private practice experience in a full service commercial law firm. This is a supported hire position and successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
You might be the right person if you:
- Are looking to return to the practise of law using your expertise and experience to coach and mentor people who are embarking on a career in the profession.
- Want a genuine work life balance – working flexibly around your other life commitments, on a full or part time basis without the pressure of long working hours, or networking/prospecting new clients.
- Would like to be judged on your ability to train and nurture our enthusiastic legal teams rather than chasing billable hours.
- Are passionate about law, and finding ways to deliver it better.
- Are a creative thinker who is passionate about delivering excellent quality and service.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice and guidance to our legal teams, leading them to be the best they can be.
- Supervising legal teams and helping them managing their own files.
- Case and transaction supervision e.g. proof reading and reviewing documents for accuracy and providing feedback to team members.
- Ensure the requisite training, checking, and mentoring controls to ensure efficient delivery processes are in place.
- Triage of in-coming matters / Instructions so that the right resources are doing the right tasks at the right time in the process.
- Develop, deliver and maintain accurate documentation and process manuals for all legal processes.
- Monitor the performance of the teams and processes and identify opportunities for improvement initiatives.
Skills and attributes:
- Coaching and mentoring, providing advice and guidance.
- Gathering training requirements and providing wider context to legal tasks.
- Leadership skills necessary to lead, motivate and develop teams delivering quality advice.
- Fluent in standard MS Office applications and ability to quickly master new software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with legal colleagues.
Elevate provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Their global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Victoria Pickworth-Booth.
If you have any queries regarding this role please email Victoria.
Closing date for applications: 25 November, 2019