Commercial Property Solicitor (Min 7 years PQE+)
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of two years or more will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Clarkson Wright & Jakes have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Solicitor to join their dynamic commercial property team with a view to assisting the head of department with some management responsibility in addition to running your own cases and, in due course, mentoring more junior members of the team. There will be plenty of exposure to excellent client work. As a one-stop shop for its corporate and private clients, CWJ provides a full service with a very high proportion of the caseload coming from satisfied clients and internal cross-referrals.
The role will require you to grow and develop the commercial property work alongside servicing an already existing caseload. CWJ welcomes candidates who have had a private practice or in-house background.
In addition to coaching support offered by Women Returners through the transition period, CWJ provide access to their library of subscription webinars for the motivated self-starter in addition to the regular on-going programme of training and updating provided to the department as a whole. You will be encouraged to learn on the job by building up to more complex cases, with support from the rest of the team. The role offers a real opportunity for career progression.
The role and the caseload includes:
- Freehold and Leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Property Finance
- Property aspects of Corporate transactions including acquisitions, sales and corporate re-structuring
- Representing Landlords and Tenants in the grant of, surrender, assignment and subletting of leases, licences to assign/underlet and licences to alter.
- Land acquisition and disposals
- Management and property portfolios
Skills and Experience
- A strong commercial property background and the ability to work on corporate transactions.
- An ability to demonstrate a dynamic and flexible approach to client’s needs.
- A methodical approach with good problem solving and analytical skills alongside good attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in business development
- Good team player with excellent communication and people skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
CWJ will offer the following as a benefits package for this role:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including subsidised parking and optional private health care
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Automatic enrolment into the Work Place Pension Scheme after three months of employment.
- Discretionary bonus
- Subsidised parking
- Tailored career structure and appraisal process.
- Length of service awards.
- Discounted legal fees
- Daily fresh fruit
- Exercise classes
- Monthly and quarterly social events
Employment Solicitor / Legal Executive (1-3 years PQE)*
A position has arisen for an employment solicitor/legal executive to join CWJ’s friendly Employment Department.
You will be experienced in dealing with a varied caseload including both respondent and claimant work. Commercial awareness and the ability to produce legal advice to clients, both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and straightforward manner is essential. We would also hope that you will be keen to participate in marketing and business development. If you are ambitious, self-motivated and hardworking with a passion for providing a high level of service we’d like to hear from you.
Salary open to negotiation. Excellent benefits package.
*we may give consideration to applications from qualified individuals outside of the stated PQE..
Please send your CV along with a covering letter (mentioning Women Returners) to Angie Law, HR Director by email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications 3 September 2018.