Is your return-to-work lacking clarity and focus?
Are you thinking about changing careers to better fit your interests and/or your family life?
Are you feeling low in confidence when you consider your return to work options?
Are you wondering how to write your post-break CV or to tackle interviews?
Are you feeling nervous and unprepared for your return to a new role?
Our team of qualified coaches have supported many women in your position to get back to work, overcoming both the psychological and the practical barriers that women face. Our coaches are all experienced in working with returners and are well aware of both the challenges and rewards of returning to work after a long break.
Our most popular coaching programmes are listed below. We can also support you with coaching on other topics such as building your self-belief and the process of finding a role. We will work with you to define your precise needs and select or design a programme to match. Meetings may be face-to-face or by telephone/Skype, dependent on your location and personal constraints.
1. Return to Work Coaching
This is a comprehensive six hour programme which includes developing your self-understanding, determining your options and planning a clear and confident route back to work.We ask questions to facilitate your thinking and use tailored tools and techniques to help you to make your career decisions. We help you to maximise your chances of achieving a return to working life that fits with your life outside of work.
The content is tailored to meet your needs and we will work with you to clarify the best options for you and your circumstances. A typical programme might include:
• Understanding your motivations to work
• Developing a clear view of your strengths and skills to help you to build your self-confidence
• Clarifying your interests and assessing your values and priorities
• Identifying and addressing your barriers to a successful return
• Generating and prioritising alternative career options
• Considering your work-home balance preferences and part-time/full-time/flexible working choices
• Planning for reality testing your options
• Developing your networking skills, including your ‘story’
• Understanding the various routes back to work, including strategic volunteering, contract work and returnships
• Creating a motivating return-to-work action plan
2. Creating a strong CV & LinkedIn Profile
A two hour programme to ensure you present your skills, strengths and achievements in the best way possible, with clarity, focus and consistency.
3. Returnship Applications
This 2 hour session will be specifically geared towards ensuring that you tailor your application for a returnship programme in the most compelling and impactful way. We will spend time ensuring you position the career break in the most appropriate way to meet the returnship criteria and at the same time, ensure that you are clear on the value that your skills and expertise will bring to the returnship programme.
4. Preparing for Interviews
A two hour programme which provides a safe environment in which to practise and refine your interview technique, become familiar with different question styles and receive well-balanced feedback.
5. Enhancing your Image
A three hour session (usually in your home) to identify how your image can give you the confidence and style to make a great impression that will support your return to work. This session includes:
- Identifying your personal style preference and likely working environment
- Analysing your body proportions, body lines, scale and face shape
- Showing you the best garments, fabrics and patterns that will suit your body shape
- Assessing how different colours affect your appearance to discover which look best on you and why
- Finding your best ’building block’ and neutral colours
- Exploring all the colours in your palette and how to co-ordinate them
At the end of the session, you will take away a personalised style file and wallet of colour swatches which will be invaluable on shopping trips and for organising your wardrobe.
This session will give you the tools and confidence to make dressing and shopping a more efficient and enjoyable experience, and the knowledge to always look your best.
I would like elements of the programme but a focus on one area in particular.
The process is flexible and depends on your particular issues. During the initial introductory discussion we will identify whether this three-stage process meets your needs or whether an alternative programme would be more beneficial. It is sometimes possible to include CV preparation within the Return to Work package, depending on how you wish to use the time provided and how clear you already are about what you’re offering and what you want.
What is expected of me in terms of commitment?
Please note that career coaching is a collaborative process and, to be effective, requires your commitment to devote time to post-meeting reflection and action such as home assignments between meetings. Your coach will act as a guide and a sounding board. For the coaching to have significant impact, it is important for you to take your own notes and take responsibility for making positive changes to your life.
How often do coaching meetings take place?
Meetings are usually arranged at intervals of at least two weeks to provide you with time to reflect and complete the home assignments. They are usually between 1.5 and 2 hours in length. Depending where you are based and if we can match you with a coach in a nearby location, the meetings will take place face to face. Alternatively, meetings can take place by phone or via Skype. The exception is the Image and Impact coaching which takes place as one session in your own home.
NB: Please note that in order to keep coaching costs as low as possible we cannot usually offer private meeting room space but will be able to suggest a suitably appropriate venue for the coaching to take place. Alternatively, we can organise a private meeting room at extra cost (usually about £25 per hour) if you prefer.
What happens next?
If you decide to commit to coaching, you will start with a free 20-30 minute introductory telephone or Skype conversation with your coach to discuss what you hope to achieve from the programme, to answer any of your questions and to discuss practicalities. This is also an opportunity for you and your coach to decide if you are happy to work together.
1. Return to Work coaching (6 hours total) £630 + VAT
2. CV & Linked-in (3 hours) £315 + VAT
3. Returnship Applications (2 hours) £210 + VAT
4. Interview Coaching (2 hours) £210 + VAT
5. Enhancing your Image & Impact (3 hours) £325 + VAT
To set up your consultation call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org