CMS Return to Law Programme
Applications Now Closed
Women Returners is partnering with international law firm CMS Cameron McKenna LLP to launch a Return to Law Programme for legal professionals who have taken an extended career break and are now looking to return to the workforce. The programme will run 4 days a week for two weeks from 27 June to 6 July 2017.
About the Programme
CMS’ aim is to engage with returning lawyers with a view to exploring opportunities within the firm, while also providing attendees with return-to-work information and support, coaching and a peer-group network.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about the firm through speaker sessions and networking with current employees. You will also participate in:
- Group coaching from Women Returners focused on preparing you for your return to work
- Group sessions on:
- Developing and promoting your personal professional brand
- IT training
- Your social media profile
- Individual sessions on:
- Interview skills
- Legal know-how updates
Successful applicants are likely to have:
- A career break of at least 18 months
- The equivalent of at least 3 years PQE prior to career break
- Experience in Corporate, Commercial disputes or Technology (contentious or non-contentious) practice areas
CMS is looking both for applicants who are seeking consultancy-based work, as well as those who are seeking to return to a permanent position at a law firm. Click here to see the current permanent roles that are available: CMS Careers Job Opportunities
Location and Timing
Location: CMS’ London offices at Cannon Place, 78 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6AF
Timing: 4 days a week over a two-week period
- Tuesday, 27 June 2017 – Friday 30 June 2017
- Monday 3 July 2017 – Thursday 6 July
Exact timings within those dates will be confirmed, with the core hours likely to be 10am to 4pm.
CMS is a multi-jurisdictional organisation with employees spanning a multitude of countries, cultures and professions. Diversity is of fundamental importance to the firm and its commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion is broad, including:
- Developing and supporting a diverse workplace in which all are welcome regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Creating an environment that encourages new ways of thinking and working and values the contributions and perspectives of all – especially those with different experience, ideas and work styles.
- Supporting all staff with a broad range of policies, practices and procedures which recognise individual contribution and performance, develop each individual’s capability and give everyone an equal opportunity to use their talent and fulfil their potential.
CMS is a full service law firm and its priority sectors are financial services, technology, media and communications, energy and life sciences.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang are combining to create a modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together they will be the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
The new firm will be headquartered in the City of London with UK offices in Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading and Sheffield.
You can find out more at www.cms.law.
To apply please submit a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 May 2017. In your cover letter, please provide a response to the following questions:
- At what stage are you in your return to the workforce?
- Would you prefer to return to consultancy-based work or to a permanent position?
- What makes you a good candidate to take part in this programme?
If you have any queries about the application process, please email email@example.com.