2 opportunities: Technology Officer & Senior Internal Auditor, London
These are supported hire positions: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Chaucer is a leading speciality insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. They are based in London, with international hubs in Europe, Latin America and Asia. They are owned by China Re, a leading reinsurer in China and one of the top 10 reinsurance companies in the world. For more information, click here.These are both exciting opportunities for returning professionals to join a highly supportive environment.
Who they are looking for
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Technology Officer will be responsible for the overall technology landscape, including software and hardware services and support. They will also manage the Chaucer Technology office and provide guiding principles for technologies and key projects. The individual will be part of the leadership team for the Chaucer Technology group and will work collaboratively with other senior management team members across IT Sourcing, IT Risk/Security and IT Change Delivery.
They will also be responsible and accountable for all aspects of Chaucer Technology Operations, including service management, applications development and maintenance, BI Maintenance and stack development, network and infrastructure.
- An experienced IT Leader who has previously supported core technology operations in either infrastructure or applications
- Worked in at least 2 different organisations and overseen IT support to over 200 staff
- Experience in dealing with multiple suppliers
- Large scale program/project management experience and delivery of projects within tight timeline parameters with emerging technologies such as Cloud, Voice/Video oIP, Virtualization etc
- Experienced with all aspects of IT Application and Technology services, Infrastructure & Data Center operations, including Service Desk, Licensing, Desktop, Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Wintel, SAN & Storage technologies
Senior Internal Auditor
This role will support the Internal Audit function, which aims to help the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. They will have responsibility for leading all aspects (i.e. planning, execution and reporting) of assigned audits, including completing them in accordance with Internal Audit Standards and guidance, and the use of Internal Audit technology tools.
- External or internal audit experience
- Proven track record within internal/external audit environment evidencing strong performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports
- Demonstrated leadership in managing people and projects
- Effective interaction with members of senior management
- Familiar with risk-based and business process
- ACA, ACCA, CPA or MIIA qualification
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Auditing Business or equivalent
Chaucer have a flexible working programme in place and are open to considering a range of working arrangements and are happy to discuss options during the interview stage.
Start date and interview process
Chaucer are hoping to find candidates who area able to join them in September 2019. Interviews can be accommodated around the summer holiday period.
For further information or to apply for either role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Sandra Isaac at Sandra.Isaac@chaucerplc.com. Please ensure that you reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying. The closing date for applications is Friday 19thJuly.